RB to keep and Offensive system affects on players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB to keep and Offensive system affects on players

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
KJ Harris should be a developmental player, he has alot of potential and could be used like Gordon. Fins have R.W. and R.B. so they might just get rid of a great potential like Harris.
IMO the Fins in the past, have not used players individule strengths to their advantage and it seems to be mostly on offensive side of the ball. Sometimes the offensive system restricts players from being in enough plays because the tight end is only a blocker within that system. Sometimes the fullback is not even used enough or at all. Learning a new systems every year or so does not help certain positions achieve full potential as well. I think Saban will be a better evaluator of talent than the Wonder-stat. :evil::evil::evil:

How exactly did we use Gordon in the time that he was on the field that would be comparable to Kay Jay? Gordon barely played for us b4 he got injured last year.

phinMikeDC said:
How exactly did we use Gordon in the time that he was on the field that would be comparable to Kay Jay? Gordon barely played for us b4 he got injured last year.

I ment that Gordon would be a 3rd down back like Minor and that Harris could be the same.:evil:

Ricky at 195 aint running over anyone...so expect alot of Ronnie Brown this year folks

If Ricky has any game left in him (questionable) then he will probably be used to lighten Ronnies workload on 1st and 2nd down leaving Brown in on most 3rd down situations. That makes Travis Minor very expendable. If Ricky is actually still in uniform on cutdown day and KayJay can show at least average abilities at RB and sp. teams then I think it will be Minor, not Harris that gets cut.

I think Minor will be ultimately cut and I hope Kay-Jay can contribute on special teams because I would NOT like the idea of leaving him vulnerable to another team picking him up on their active roster.

What I like the most, is the possibility of platooning the running backs so that they will still be fresh in December. That certainly was one of our shortfalls every year!!!!

I see Ronnie as an everydown back. With his receiving skills, you would want to leave him in on third downs. Ricky or Sammy would be there to relieve him on 1st and 2nd down.

DolphanD said:
I think Minor will be ultimately cut and I hope Kay-Jay can contribute on special teams because I would NOT like the idea of leaving him vulnerable to another team picking him up on their active roster.

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom