RB trade rumours | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB trade rumours

Jeff1220

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Coming from your end, what is the likelyhood of you Fins getting the Edge or Ricky Williams next year? As a Bills fan, I'd fear that a lot more than Aikman coming in.

I agree w/Alex...

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...l-marvezqa.htmlstory?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Q: How bogus was the story about Edgerrin James or Ricky Williams coming to the Dolphins? Was that just shoddy reporting or is either guy a legitimate possibility? Craig Foreman, Mineola, NY

A: Here's the deal: James and Williams may very well want to play for the Dolphins, but it isn't going to happen because: a) with the exception of the Marshall Faulk trade, teams don't get rid of marquee running backs; b) New Orleans and Indianapolis would take too big a salary cap hit by trading either player.

Originally posted by Jeff1220
Coming from your end, what is the likelyhood of you Fins getting the Edge or Ricky Williams next year? As a Bills fan, I'd fear that a lot more than Aikman coming in.

Id love to see James come to Miami but I doubt its gonna happen. The Colts are going to keep their necleus in tact (Manning, James and Harrison) and I doubt that lightning will strike twice (Them dumping an all world RB for next to nothing). If one of them is coming to Miami, its more than likely gonna be Williams, but even that isnt too likely.

dolphins13fan...........

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan

Id love to see James come to Miami but I doubt its gonna happen. The Colts are going to keep their necleus in tact (Manning, James and Harrison) and I doubt that lightning will strike twice (Them dumping an all world RB for next to nothing). If one of them is coming to Miami, its more than likely gonna be Williams, but even that isnt too likely.

We need to get on the phone with New Orleans and at least make an effort to obtain Ricky, via trade.:fire:

Originally posted by Jeff1220

I don't think Aikman scares anyone anymore except for the fans of the team he plays on. I would rather have Edge, but if we get one of the two (unlikely) it would probably by Williams.

Edgerrin

Just a note...

but the rumor persists that Edgerrin James may never play football again with a real bad knee tear.

Also think of the runningbacks that have returned to their former ability after tearing ACL's.

Garrison Hearst... it took many years...and thats about it.

Terrell Davis...done.
Jamal Anderson...where are you?
Olandis Gary...
Need I go on.

Don't worry about ridiculous trade rumors until they come true.

why is everybody so.................

anxious to dump lamar. barry sanders couldn't have run through that line! he had to beat the defense plus OUR offense was plugging the holes!:(

Lamar was never really that good. Last season, when he had a ton of yards, he had a low ypc, and the only reason he got so many yards is because we handed it to him so many times. He is an average RB at best.

behind that oline, yeah..............

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Lamar was never really that good. Last season, when he had a ton of yards, he had a low ypc, and the only reason he got so many yards is because we handed it to him so many times. He is an average RB at best.
but i would like to see him run behind a REAL line before i pass judgement!:rolleyes:

actually financially both are tradeable...

Ricky's base salary is very low...it is an incentive laden (not bin Laden) contract. His borther, nephew, friend or cousin or something like that who acted as a manager got that "deal". Experts were laughing when Ricky signed that contract.

E James contract has to be renegotiated anyways. The Colts need defensive help desperatly. I do not know if they could get someone as equally good as Marion and Fletcher in the draft.

I would give them Marion and Fletcher and a #3 pick.

I guess Ricky hasn't made too much money so far. He was great last year, till he got injured. This year he was good but not great.

plus they (the Colts) will not be able to keep their trio for much longer. I said a couple of years ago when everybody was hailing them as a dynasty that if they don't win the Superbowl within a couple of years they won't win it for a long time and Manning may just end up like Marino.

In times of salary caps and backloaded contracts it'll be hard to hold stars like that together over a longer time period.

Here is another scenario. Colts take Green (RB Boston College) with their first pick and trade James to Miami for mention defensive scenario.

Back
Top Bottom