Re-energized Charles Harris Primed For Breakout Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-energized Charles Harris Primed For Breakout Season

I honestly almost forgot about him. I know it's still early but realistically I dont think he will ever live up to his 1st round draft status. Would love to be wrong but I'm not holding my breathe. I have a feeling we will be complaining all season about our lack of pass rush.

I hope he gets 3 sacks and a pick 6 to seal the game.

He'll probably get his QB pressure instead.

Re-energized, when was he energized to begin with?

Harris had some high energy games in college. I was fooled for a while.

Then I noticed he was a 2-star recruit. That's a red flag in my book, in terms of a first round pick. Those guys should be the elite of the elite all their lives.

Once he flunked the metrics it meant he failed both categories I would look at first for any player, and especially a defensive end. Those Waldo and SackSEER and SPARQ scores have a tremendous record in terms of projecting edge rushers. If you aren't explosive enough the tape doesn't mean much of anything.

Now that I’ve read that nonsense, I have an even lower opinion of Charles Harris. You’re a rookie first round pick in the NFL and you’re just punching a clock???

Disgraceful. I really hope this was just lip service, his way of attempting to explain away his unimpressive rookie year. Unfortunately, it makes him look worse.

The thought of Quinn and wake has me so pumped I forgot he was on the team tbh

Last edited:
Charles Harris: Another Miami Dolphin 1st round pick that will take three plus years to develop into a mediocre player.

During which time, everyone will talk about how "This year will be the year he plays well," and keep pretending that he's a playmaker and difference maker.

After the three plus years, when he develops into mediocre, someone will overpay for him during free agency. At which time the Dolphins will either double down on stupid or let him go to the Browns or Giants.

Rinse. Repeat. With T-Baum running the show.

LD

Ricky Williams always had issues. But many are glad we got to see him for a few years. If Harris can last a few years at a "Ricky" level I'd be happy.

He really needs to get on the field and show how good he is, not just talk about it.

You mean just simply be as good as arguably the best Miami RB in 30 years? Yeah... I'd take they level of "good" too.

Well, we have a direct quote from Wake pointing out an improvement, so ill buy that. Doesnt sound like last year he had any major personal issues from the article mainly talking about growth and becoming a pro.
Cameron Wake was equally impressed, if not more.

“I actually think Charles Harris has probably had the best offseason, not just any D-lineman but probably anybody on our team,” he said. “He came back in tremendous shape. He’s obviously been working on his strength. He’s been working on his football and it’s showing up on tape. I think that’s definitely going to pay off when it becomes time to get after these quarterbacks.”

Wow, some of you need to relax on this kid and let this develop. Game 1 of season two...He’s behind Quinn right now, his chances will come. Check him out on Reshad’s first INT on Sunday. Does a nice job getting the edge on Lewan which may have rushed the throw.

How about the job James did at RT minus the penalty. Yes, former first round picks are playing fine. Minkah? Not bad. Lol. Breathe folks, they won...

Back
Top Bottom