Re-energized Charles Harris Primed For Breakout Season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-energized Charles Harris Primed For Breakout Season

Harris had some high energy games in college. I was fooled for a while.

Then I noticed he was a 2-star recruit. That's a red flag in my book, in terms of a first round pick. Those guys should be the elite of the elite all their lives.

Once he flunked the metrics it meant he failed both categories I would look at first for any player, and especially a defensive end. Those Waldo and SackSEER and SPARQ scores have a tremendous record in terms of projecting edge rushers. If you aren't explosive enough the tape doesn't mean much of anything.

I just don't understand how if you - granted you're an intelligent fan - notice **** like this, how does front office not use this stuff? How are so many stupid people getting paid 6-7 figures to suck at their job?

I was not impressed w him last year and bagged on him. He showed a little toward the end of the season a few times so I had hope. I don’t like his lack of speed, body type (very Odrick or Roth like) and I just don’t see him getting to the QB that much. I think he’ll be a JAG / average player. I hope to be wrong but I haven’t seen anything that gets me excited about this guy. Then add in the “dark place” stuff and it could be he’s just a frootloop.

I just don't understand how if you - granted you're an intelligent fan - notice **** like this, how does front office not use this stuff? How are so many stupid people getting paid 6-7 figures to suck at their job?
It felt like a reach pick at the time. A lot of you guys that follow college ball were saying that. Very disappointed so far.

I think it's not only the fact Harris looked a reach, but even more the other players we could have had (and needed) instead. Tre White, Budda Baker to fill our holes at CB, for example.

With William Hayes wearing a club might be an uptick in snaps for Harris this week.

Jordan willis didn’t get within 5 yards of the qb last night and he played a ton once Michael Johnson went down early.

When I heard them announce that one I mentally said "who?", and then started thinking Dion Jordan version 2. Hope he proves me wrong.
What aspect of the Harris pick reminded you of Dion Jordan in any way (other than they play the same position)?

He is overrated draft to high.. something dolphins does a lot.now fan expect him to be great.. when he is avg. The same thing about dvp. How could 5,6,or even 7 Rd guy end up being better than first. Where team give 1,2 and 3td round guy almost every chance to succeed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom