Re-run Alabama Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-run Alabama Games

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
So with no sports I went through and recorded all the Re-run alabama games to watch Tua because I’m bored and super excited to have him. One thing that has shocked me watching these games was Raekwon Davis. I saw him absolutely blow up some plays and wreak havoc and was like holy crap who is that oh Raekwon Davis man we got him too. I was pleasantly surprised. Interior Defensive lineman don’t always stick out when your casually watching games but every game I watched he made at least one big wow play. He has the size, experience (4 years at Bama with a bunch of starts), and explosiveness to make an instant impact. When I think of our rookie class I think of Tua, the young OL, Iggy and sometimes forget about Davis but he could be the steal of our draft class

I'm not sure what happened last year, but going into the 2019 draft, he was considered a high 1st round pick. A quick Google search provided this analyses from Walter Football of his 2019 draft profile:

Davis should fit any NFL scheme. In a 4-3 defense, he could be a devastating three-technique. Most three-techniques possess the size of Davis, yet he has the speed of a smaller defender. In a 3-4 defense, Davis could serve as an excellent fit as a five-technique defensive end with the ability to rush from the inside in the sub package. He also could play nose tackle in either a 3-4 or a 4-3. Davis has the potential to be an impactful starter quickly in his NFL career, and I think he could end up being a force with a long career filled with many Pro Bowl appearances.

2019 NFL Draft Expectations: Entering his junior season, Davis has high first-round potential and looks like one of the top prospects for the 2019 NFL Draft.

If Coach Flo can get the best out of him, he could be a great player for us.

That bad huh? Did he take too many plays off?

Every year it was the same thing with him in the offseason - he always had plenty of excuses as to why he was underperforming. Always said he wasn't focused enough, etc... basically all the same things he said at the combine when teams were asking where his production was. I heard him say it every off season. He says he bought into the 1st round hype after his sophomore season.

He's a good run defender. He just doesn't have the tools to be a pass rusher. It's not due to anything that he isn't doing technique wise. He's had multiple defensive line coaches at Alabama have him work on numerous things. How many 6'7", 315 pound guys have you ever seen that are great pass rushers? It just doesn't happen.

He's difficult for an offensive lineman to get rid of or dominate - he's not difficult to neutralize or disallow from impacting what's going on.

Every year it was the same thing with him in the offseason - he always had plenty of excuses as to why he was underperforming. Always said he wasn't focused enough, etc... basically all the same things he said at the combine when teams were asking where his production was. I heard him say it every off season. He says he bought into the 1st round hype after his sophomore season.

He's a good run defender. He just doesn't have the tools to be a pass rusher. It's not due to anything that he isn't doing technique wise. He's had multiple defensive line coaches at Alabama have him work on numerous things. How many 6'7", 315 pound guys have you ever seen that are great pass rushers? It just doesn't happen.

He's difficult for an offensive lineman to get rid of or dominate - he's not difficult to neutralize or disallow from impacting what's going on.

Sounds like a Michael Brockers type, yea I'll take that at the end of the second round.

We need players like this to beef up the trenches, he can "underperform" a little bit at that size and draft position.

With Godchaux (great draft pick), Wilkins (smart draft pick), and Davis (tone setting draft pick), real football teams like the Ravens (not college programs) aren't going to be able to f*** us the way they have in the past.

When you're building the best secondary in the world, you need these kinds of guys up front.

People confuse sacks and tackles with playing a good game. You can play a great game and just register a few tackles at DT. It's all about gap control and pressure. People weren't big on Wilkins after this season because he only had like 2 sacks but with the exception of Aaron Donald, no DTs rack up sacks like that.

Like OP said, big pay ability is what always stands out on film. He was always disruptive at Bama

People confuse sacks and tackles with playing a good game. You can play a great game and just register a few tackles at DT. It's all about gap control and pressure. People weren't big on Wilkins after this season because he only had like 2 sacks but with the exception of Aaron Donald, no DTs rack up sacks like that.

Like OP said, big pay ability is what always stands out on film. He was always disruptive at Bama

Not as much as people confuse a coach being giddy on TV with being a good draft pick.

Miami gets some of the worst ROI along the defensive line of any team in the league - considering what they invest. That formula ain't changing with Raekwon Davis.

Not as much as people confuse a coach being giddy on TV with being a good draft pick.

Miami gets some of the worst ROI along the defensive line of any team in the league - considering what they invest. That formula ain't changing with Raekwon Davis.

Yea I think OV, Cam Wake, Davon Godchaux may disagree with that lmao.

I’m sure you’re just referring to Harris, because lord knows you’ve never made a mistake in evaluation haha.

Yea I think OV and Cam Wake may disagree with that lmao.

Miami averages getting 2.5 sacks per year out of defensive lineman they've selected with top 75 picks over the past decade. The only reason it's that high is because of Olivier Vernon's outstanding production for Miami skewing the formula.

They didn't draft Cam Wake. He chose to sign with Miami coming out of the CFL.

Every time you bury your head in the sand I'll come up behind you and kick you in the ass. Miami isn't very good at drafting or winning games.

Miami averages getting 2.5 sacks per year out of defensive lineman they've selected with top 75 picks over the past decade. The only reason it's that high is because of Olivier Vernon's outstanding production for Miami skewing the formula.

They didn't draft Cam Wake. He chose to sign with Miami coming out of the CFL.

Every time you bury your head in the sand I'll come up behind you and kick you in the ***. Miami isn't very good at drafting or winning games.

Doesn't matter if Cam Wake signed for 2 pennies, unbelievable ROI.

Godchaux in the 5th is chop liver?

OV was a home run, Miami hasn't been great at drafting Dline and has over payed for minimal production, but Wake and OV were special in Miami just recently and not every team can say that (hence we're not the worst).

After drafting Wilkins and now Davis with Godchaux who was a steal in the draft, we'll see about Miami's ability to draft dlineman over these next few years.

If we gotta live with players like Wilkins from what I saw his rookie year and how he improved, yea I could do that.

Now lets talk about that secondary, best in the NFL out the gate? I think so but time will tell.

Lets not forget about Starks or Soliai either, back in my day...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom