Real Driscoll's 10 Good/ 10 Bad in Baltimore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Real Driscoll's 10 Good/ 10 Bad in Baltimore

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
Hey Folks-

Hope you all had a weekened; I know everyone think's the sky is falling because the Dolphins lost in Baltimore. I live in Baltimore and went to the game and I even watched it from my DVR when I got home to make sure what i saw live matched what the tape said. Let's be honest the Dolphins have 4 loses to the best 4 teams in the league (Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Patriots) with one of those loses coming to a blown call. The Dolphins are border-line team between a good team and a great team. You must think I am crazy saying this team could potentially be a great team but they beat a taleneted Vikings team on the road, they beat a Bengals team on the road as well, and they beat the best team in the NFC on the road when they beat the Packers. This team is close to breaking out but they are holes at OC, TE, ILB (Crowder), and a speedy WR (Ginn?) that need to be addressed. The Dolphins will be a tough out for teams this year and I think they finish in the 9-7 range. The debate surrounding Chad Henne is escalating but I scream PATIENCE MIAMI FANS! Chad Pennington is the better Quarterback right now and if he were our starter I think we would be sitting 5-3 instead of 4-4 but Henne clearly has more upside. Did Henne play great in Baltimore? Of course not but don't let reading the stats and seeing 3 interception draw you to a conclusion that Henne sucks. The first interception saw Brian Hartline fall on his route and led to ane asy pick by Ladarius Webb. The second pick was the result of Brandon Marshall being a quitter and putting forth a terrible effort, and the third was Henne trying to make something happen. The biggest blunder for Henne of the day was missing a WIDE OPEN Anthony Fasano in the end-zone. You have to be pateient with a Quarterback in his first full year as a starter and if you don't want to go through the growing pains I suggest being a Colts fan because Peyton manning is the best to ever play the position. Let's look at the Good....

1- Cameron Wake has developed into one the best pass rusher in the league sitting at 8.5 sacks after his two sack performence against a very good Baltimore Ravens offensive line. I ask our front office what are you waiting for? Sign this guy to a long-term extension before his price gets too high. He has improved drastically against the run as well.

2-Brian Hartline- During the week every DolFAN was screaming for the Fins to claim Randy Moss, and I am not syaing that Hartline is Randy Moss but boy did he answer the call in Baltimore. he was our best receiver on Sunday accounting for 4 ctaches for 85 yards and making something happen after the catch.

3-Young Secondary- Vontae Davis got beat for a TD by Derick Mason but our young corners (Smith and Davis) held the Ravens two-headed monster of Boldin and Mason to 6 catches for 70 yards. that is very impressive.

4- Offennsive Line: The Ravens have a very good and active front 7 and our offensive line did a solid job at protecting Chad Henne and opening some running lanes. The Ravens got two sacks and one was by Haloti Ngata who is the best Defensive Linemen in the NFL.

5- Ronnie Brown- Showed more burst than we have seen this year and had 9 carries for 59 yards and a nice touchdown run. I don't know why he only had 9 carries but he did average over 6.5 yards per carry. he also added 5 catches for 40 yards.

6-Karlos Dansby- Guy is a beast. All over the field making tackles; Plays sideline to sideline and is the absolute leader of this team. Dansby accounted for 10 tackles on Sunday.

7- Brandon Fields- Has established as a top tier Punter in the NFL. he had three punts for an average of 44 yards with two being inside the twenty yard line.

8-Chris Clemons-Starting to establish himself as a cornerstone of this young defense. Better in run support than i have given him credit for.

9-Paul Soliai- Has become a good player for us. he absolutely killed Flacco on that sack. He seems to be in better football shape and giving more effort.

10-Koa Misi- I love this guys intenisty and movement to the ball. I feel he could be a great replacement for Crowder and move to Inside Backers. He needs to develope some pass rush moves and learn to shed blockers but I like this kid a lot.

The ten bad I saw....

1-Brandon Marshall quit in the 4th quarter and that is no acceptable to me. I wanted Anquan Boldin and believe Boldin is the better player. Marshall has been good for us but hasn't live up to that Top 5 Wide Receiver hype. Quitting and a poor effort is not what I want to see from him.

2- Sean Smith- His coverage was good all day but he was drafted being touted as having great ball skills and dropping a pick six isn't a bad play but it's a play you have tyo make if you want to take the next step.

3- Chad Henne-Missed Anthony Fasano for an easy touhdown and made questionable decisions all day.

4- Dan Henning- the run was working and we stopped running. Henning let the Ravens game plan dictate our game plan and that won't cut it. We need to involve Marshall more in this offense for us to score more touchdowns.

5- Vontae Davis- Missed some tackles in the open field that resulted in big gains.

6-Dan Carpenter's missed field goal. It doesn't happen often but it hurt.

7- Nolan Carroll- he is not that dynamic Kick Returner that we had in Ted Ginn Jr. I never thought I'd miss Ginn... Hmmmmm

8-Ronnie Brown's 3rd Down Drop- Killed us.

9-Ricky Williams- Did he even play?

10-CHANNING CROWDER- Anyone else tired of his act. All-talk, no action. Missed plenty of tackles and acted a fool in Baltimore. I would love to see Dansby and Misi as our Inside Linebackers....

Well next week we are at home at Tennessee and if we struggle against ray Rice we can get blown out of the building by Chris Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom