Real Problem With The Offense | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Real Problem With The Offense

Too many injuries have hamstrung this team and the salary cap,makes it difficult to provide quality depth all over the field.
The loss of Sitton was huge, imagine having him next to Tunsil. When you need that 1 yard to extend a drive and kill some clock it would be nice to run behind those guys. Instead we have Larsen who is one of the worst guards in the NFL. This O line is not good at pass blocking or opening up lanes for the run game. If you want to criticize personnel decisions here, it would be hard to argue because the right side of this line and Kilgore at center was weak going into the season.
The loss of Wilson also huge. He was the playmaker that was a threat to turn all of those underneath patterns into long gains.
Finally, lack of a playmaker at QB will make it difficult for any offense to be dynamic and consistent. This team desperately needs a top notch QB to take the next step.
I do think Gase should not have final say on personnel, and I do think he should give up his play calling responsibilities, but he can be a successful HC in this league.

We are talking about depth and final say of roster being the problem, and you run out a Ryan Tannehill reference? got it...i assume you admitted you were wrong with that response.

We are only on third year, and there are only so many changes you can make. The OL starters should be better than they are, but depth by year three with so much turnover seems unrealistic. You are correct that retention of players and player prototype is on Coach Gase, but the FO owns acquisition.

I think Gase is limited on what he can call because of the O-Line and Osweiler's inability to pass over 10 yards. Osweiler is not even close with anything down the field and it puts us behind the chains when he misses.

Gase will definitely have a LOSING record by year end.

That is a likely possibility, but 9-7 would not be a shock. Some of you refuse to recognize that the game plan for the Jets was a field position game.

I see Gase taking all the injuries with what does one call it.....sang froid,yes thats it.. I wonder if he goes player to player before the game and asks each one how they are feeling and if they would like to sit out if under the weather. just a random thought.

Ok lets see, we have a coach that has an NFL record 19 consecutive games without scoring a TD on the first drive of the game, this means awful gameplaning. I dont care injuries or QB, this means even the Browns have been more succesful with it. This offense under Gase never reached a top 20 position, and it seems like it is built very conservative. Gase is VERY lucky to have the Jets and the Bills on the division, also playing in the AFC where you have only 3 premium teams (Pats, Chiefs and Steelers) helps a lot. Despite the luck our offense Is garbage and our team is MEH. Gase is part of the real problem.
Then we have been hit with crucial injuries like Sitton, Wilson and TaMEHhill. But this Is not the real problem. QB play Is part of the real problem. We know Osweiler Is very average with a bad long accuracy, but the best offense under TaMEHill came with Lazor at OC, yes LAZOR!, and the reason was that he gave TaMEHill little freedom. Lots of passes were design to just get rid of the ball with dink and dunk, and Landry was elite at making people miss on those short screens. Gase was trying to duplicate the strategy but with no power back and OL that cant open holes, the defense plays agressive at those screens. Now, you ask TaMEHhill to hit open receivers in stride, or scan the field, or buy time in the pocket and you are asking a lot of a very limited QB. So the other real problem is having a very limited QB, and of course the backups are even worse.
Harbaugh has done miracles with Flacco who Is also very limited, but when you have that limitation with the key position on offense you need an elite defense to contend.
Give the Harbaughs a top 15 QB and he will contend every year. It would be a dream to have a Harbaugh and Luck the next year. Hire a Harbaugh and land a top 15 QB and you will see a huge improvement on offense with the same players we have.

Lazor gave Tanny little freedom??? are you sure about that?
are you insinuating that Tanny has had accuracy problems since way back when??

I mean it can’t just be Osweiller when you see pretty much the same damn offense on the field with the exception of a potentially converted deep ball or two and a slightly higher chance of scrambling mixed in with a called QB keeper . . . Which all tends to get offset by a noticeable decrease in avoidable sacks and in getting behind the sticks.

The real problem is Adam Gase and his need for too many perfect parts for his offense to run. One mistake sets this team back every single damn drive and that just isn’t a proper expectation for any offense, not in todays high octane NFL.

The solution . . . Hell who knows. My guess . . . .Ryan and Gase get one more shot in 2019 and it will get ugly relly quick if the offense looks like the same **** we have seen with similar meddling results. Gase won’t get access to a top QB prospect but will get his choice of the day 3 crop.

the reason our offense is sputtering is because we havent been targeting our star WR Devante Parker.:banhappy

I mean it can’t just be Osweiller when you see pretty much the same damn offense on the field with the exception of a potentially converted deep ball or two and a slightly higher chance of scrambling mixed in with a called QB keeper . . . Which all tends to get offset by a noticeable decrease in avoidable sacks and in getting behind the sticks.

The real problem is Adam Gase and his need for too many perfect parts for his offense to run. One mistake sets this team back every single damn drive and that just isn’t a proper expectation for any offense, not in todays high octane NFL.

The solution . . . Hell who knows. My guess . . . .Ryan and Gase get one more shot in 2019 and it will get ugly relly quick if the offense looks like the same **** we have seen with similar meddling results. Gase won’t get access to a top QB prospect but will get his choice of the day 3 crop.

I can agree with that. However, it's not just the "need for too many perfect parts." Watch most NFL Os. They create mismatches. Gase can't even spell "mismatches." Most teams 'take what the D gives ya.' Not Gase. 9 in the box? "We'll run because we want to establish the run.' The pats don't need to work perfectly. The schematics suck.

lets be real, Gase and Co wouldnt know what the opposing defense is giving you.

of course. and if ryan tannehill started today and the result were the same, those would be the excuses.
I’m shocked that someone who pretends to know so much about the game doesn’t realize that these are real issues, and not just excuses.

Back
Top Bottom