Real Problem With The Offense | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Real Problem With The Offense

Kdawg not to be a smartass, but I have a question.
I have a little bit of a different view or take on interceptions. I think a tipped ball or being hit when attempting a pass that results in interception is different then a defense of back making an interception. I know the end result is the same, but just saying he has 18 interceptions makes it sound like he was throwing into double coverage or just poor ball placement or bad decision making. I can’t fault a quarterback for a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage that results in an interception, but I will point my finger directly at him if the defense of back intercepts it. So my question is in a long roundabout way, out of those 18, how many were tipped or while he was being hit resulted an interception

That is a fair take and I have No idea.

Honestly, Tannehill is not careless with the ball, but the point of all these stats (I took the day off and wasn’t feeling good so I just caught up on paperwork and chilled on here amongst other internet stuff) is to sort of show people that Brock is not the main problem with the offense (as Rowdy suggests) and that there is something functionally wrong when Tannehill and a quartet of backup QBs over the course of 41 games have stats that are within the realms of being non-differentiating.

Even the W/L record with 27 PPG with Tannhill at home . . . .the W/L record of those teams are so bad it stands to reason it plays a major factor in his success under Gase at home.

But all these stats are just very underwhelming for an offense in 2018 and it is disappointing as we all expected offensive greatness by now under Adam Gase.

I guess we can hang our hat on well Gase lost his QB, a guy who we envision had several steps that we were imminent from watching . . . .but in the end, Gase’s offense has been very samesy for the most part in Miami . . . No matter who is behind center.

Yes, Ryan, the Ryan we have seen up until now, is head and shoulders more talented and better than all of them . . . .but I canot sit up here and ignore things like salary and production being the so similar as guys who wouldn’t have roster spots on another team and be content with that.

Now this shoulder injury is here . . . . Just typical Dolphin fortune and who knows when we will finally have something go our way.

That is a fair take and I have No idea.

Honestly, Tannehill is not careless with the ball, but the point of all these stats (I took the day off and wasn’t feeling good so I just caught up on paperwork and chilled on here amongst other internet stuff) is to sort of show people that Brock is not the main problem with the offense (as Rowdy suggests) and that there is something functionally wrong when Tannehill and a quartet of backup QBs over the course of 41 games have stats that are within the realms of being non-differentiating.

Even the W/L record with 27 PPG with Tannhill at home . . . .the W/L record of those teams are so bad it stands to reason it plays a major factor in his success under Gase at home.

But all these stats are just very underwhelming for an offense in 2018 and it is disappointing as we all expected offensive greatness by now under Adam Gase.

I guess we can hang our hat on well Gase lost his QB, a guy who we envision had several steps that we were imminent from watching . . . .but in the end, Gase’s offense has been very samesy for the most part in Miami . . . No matter who is behind center.

Yes, Ryan, the Ryan we have seen up until now, is head and shoulders more talented and better than all of them . . . .but I canot sit up here and ignore things like salary and production being the so similar as guys who wouldn’t have roster spots on another team and be content with that.

Now this shoulder injury is here . . . . Just typical Dolphin fortune and who knows when we will finally have something go our way.
I can agree with Brock not being the sole reason the offense is ineffective, but he is at least half of the problem. The other half is play calling. But I’m not sure if Gase is eliminating there weaknesses. It seems like everybody on offense is a back up now. so what do you do. I’d like to say hang in there on offense, and hope the defense can hold up and squeak out a win. ( something that I think he’s been able to do quite well ) But with this defense that’s a pretty tall task.

Gase is 100% responsible for marginalizing the offense’s more dynamic or explosive players. We have one big-bodied WR on the team, and Gase chooses to scratch him when he’s healthy. And then our smurf WRs get jammed and abused right out of the game.

We have a RB who can break the big one at any point and is a solid threat on the passing game. Yet Gase prefers the plodding 35-year old. And today, he preferred the rookie in the wildcat.

It’s like he prefers to call plays with one hand tied behind his back.

And it’s not like these are the only examples. This guy preferred Arian Foster, for chrissakes.

I mean, c’mon, 20 carries for 53 yards from Frank Gore??

Against a tough Jets front 7 with our crappy O-Line that could have very easily been 20 carries for 29 yds for drake. I agree he should have got at least a few more chances though. Gase trust gore to get positive yardage every carry, which he is quite good at

Against a tough Jets front 7 with our crappy O-Line that could have very easily been 20 carries for 29 yds for drake. I agree he should have got at least a few more chances though. Gase trust gore to get positive yardage every carry, which he is quite good at

All I’m going to say is getting “positive yardage” from Gore led to 6 points and 9 punts from the offense.

Meanwhile, the guy who could break a 50-yarder got 3 carries for 9 yards.

At some point, the head coach/OC needs to see the flow of the game and recognize that Frank Gore picking up his 1-2 yard positive runs isn’t preventing punts from being the end result of the possession.

I can agree with Brock not being the sole reason the offense is ineffective, but he is at least half of the problem. The other half is play calling. But I’m not sure if Gase is eliminating there weaknesses. It seems like everybody on offense is a back up now. so what do you do. I’d like to say hang in there on offense, and hope the defense can hold up and squeak out a win. ( something that I think he’s been able to do quite well ) But with this defense that’s a pretty tall task.

The performance of the coaching staff has a large impact on success, but the players own the majority of the blame for failed performances. You left out the other 10 players besides Brock. I get that the QB is the most important player, but you cannot hold the rest of the players blameless.

I’ve seen Brock for 4 games and he’s left a bunch of plays on the board in at least 3 of them that I know Ryan wouldn’t so no I’m not going for it.

The mindset difference alone in the two qbs is huge.

Ones playing not to be the reason you lose.

bottom line: Brock has not been responsible for fiascos a la NE and Cincy.
only Tanny has.
nothing new for him, complete breakdown catastrophes.

The performance of the coaching staff has a large impact on success, but the players own the majority of the blame for failed performances. You left out the other 10 players besides Brock. I get that the QB is the most important player, but you cannot hold the rest of the players blameless.
Maybe I should’ve added that a 1/3 of the offense sucks, but they are all back ups.
Him included, but he sucks the most.

Back
Top Bottom