47) Chris Clemons
48) Vontae Davis
49) Sean Smith
50) Nolan Carroll
51) Will Allen
52) Benny Sapp
53) Jason Allen

Just Missed: Pat White-QB, Joey Haynos-TE, Quentin Moses-OLB

Chad Pennington is a valuable commodity as I am sure there are teams willing to give up a draft pick for him but I think keeping him is a must. His leadership is hard to put a price tag on and let's be honest he has looked pretty darn good so far. I think the Pat White experiment takes an end and although we are all extremely disappointed we have to be honest and admit he is the worst QB on our roster. Injuries to players like Phillip Merling and AJ Edds opened the door and a darkhorse like Micah Johnson makes the team. If you read anything I posted over the draft board over the coarse of the last year I had Johnson as a 3rd Round talent who fell due to injury. I hope Edds makes a full recovery but there is no way to ensure he can come back and beat out Johnson. Joey Haynos' injury makes him expendable. Moses is gone for the fact that Erik Walden is a special teams' ace. Jason Allen makes the team for the same reason as Walden but the Dolphins' certainly would trade Allen for any draft compensation they could obtain. Teams like the Ravens, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Cowboys need some help in their Secondaries. Charles Grant is a LOCK to make the team as he has been getting constant pressure when playing over the pre-season. I expect Patrick Turner and Roberto Wallace to play for the #5 job when they play the Cowboys this week. Turner should beat him out but that isn't a lock by any means.

A little easier to read when you break it down by position.

QB
Chad Henne
Chad Pennington
Tyler Thigpen

RB
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Patrick Cobbs
Lex Hilliard

FB
Lousaka Polite

TE
Anthony Fasano
David Martin

WR
Brandon Marshall
Devone Bess
Brian Hartline
Marlon Moore
Patrick Turner

OT
Jake Long
Vernon Carey
Nate Garner
Lydon Murtha

C
Jake Grove
Joe Berger

OG
Donald Thomas
John Jerry
Richie Incognito

NT
Randy Stark
Paul Soliai

DE
Kendall Langford
Jared Odrick
Marques Douglas
Tony McDaniel
Charles Grant

ILB
Karlos Dansby
Tim Dobbins
Channing Crowder
Micah Johnson

OLB
Charlie Anderson
Koa Misi
Cameron Wake
Ikaika Alama-Francis
Erik Walden

SS
Tyrone Culver
Yeremiah Bell

FS
Reshad Jones
Chris Clemons

CB
Vontae Davis
Sean Smith
Nolan Carroll
Will Allen
Benny Sapp
Jason Allen

Special Team
Dan Carpenter
Brandon Fields
John Denney

I can't see us keeping just two TEs as much as we run two TE sets. One guy gets injured and we're screwed.

reshad jones? only two tight ends? you need to cut a corner too. can't see Ness not making it.

reshad jones? only two tight ends? you need to cut a corner too. can't see Ness not making it.

You don't think Reshad Jones will make the team? If Patrick Turner has stuck around this long I can't see them getting rid of Reshad Jones this soon.

I think Jason Allen's fate was sealed with the Sapp acquisition. Nate Ness will make the 53 in Allen's place. Haynos will be the 3rd TE. Erik Walden or Marques Douglass will lose that spot.

So much for Haynos. He was just waived. Nalbone will have to be on the Practice Squad or they'll pick up another TE from roster cuts.

Cut JA...keep Ness.

I'd keep Moses over Walden...but you are probably right due to Walden's ST ability and Moses has been dinged up lately...

RD, one of your biggest misses was White. I believe ' revolutionize ' was a term you used to describe his impact on the qb position last year. Good too see more people are coming to terms with what some saw a reach/niche pick.

Look forward to reading more write ups over the course of the season.

I don't know about Wallace over Turner. Our ST has been sub-par this preseason and Wallace is a big improvement on ST.

Surprised to see you had a roster spot for Lydon Murtha. Is he the 4th best OT that we've got?
With Nate Garner still out for a while with his foot injury, we look thin at OT. We need Big Jake and Vernon to remain healthy.

I think Garner and W.Allen will both start on PUP list. Ness will not make it and I can't see only 2 TE on the team, Nalbone or another team's cut will make it.

I also see Ryan Baker making the team...

I think Garner and W.Allen will both start on PUP list. Ness will not make it and I can't see only 2 TE on the team, Nalbone or another team's cut will make it.

I also see Ryan Baker making the team...

Just an FYI, once a player practices, it is active roster or IR, they are no longer eligible for the PUP list.

i thought for sure Nalbone would make it when haynos went down but Tony's presser today seemed to look like he was gonna take advantage and just keep 2 TE's...could be smoke screens or me reading too much into his tone though.

i wouldnt count on Ness making it over Jason Allen. jason allen is a solid ST player and was the one who got the start over smith for that infraction. Ness had that good game but Coach S. didnt seem like he was THAT impressed after. so im not sure. most of this list looks solid though.

Back
Top Bottom