Reality hurts.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality hurts....

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
Nothing like absolutely DOMINATING another team offensively only to have a defense that looked like someone who just challenged mike tyson to an amateur backyard fight in his prime. They looked so scared it was pitiful in the secondary. I was kind of surprised that we got almost ZERO pass rush too. Manning 101 is that you MUST get pressure with your front 3 or 4 in some fashion to make him force the ball. No different than playing marino.

I don't get it. IMO, that was a HORRIBLE call giving the ball to brown on a third down call only to settle for a field goal late in the 4th quarter. You have Ginn all day long on short routes and yet you RUN the ball? While the running game may have worked really well in the first half, the colts starting to figure it out and were stacking guys in there just for the run. Hindsight 20/20 though. Oh well...

Manning punked us big time with a no name (what was his name...) wideout and our defense looked like they were playing flag football while trying to tackle.

Going to be a long season guys as the competition doesn't get any easier especially a cream puff defense like the colts...

I guess the silver lining here (is there such a thing when you lose) is that we finally lined it up and ran the ball without a ton of madden plays. It worked but then again we are talking against the colts. We were 0-2 last year as well but then we didn't have nearly the strength of schedule last year either.

I guess we should be happy that we ran the ball and Long looked good and Ginn caught a few balls? The reality is that our secondary is just not good enough and it showed tonight. Too much young blood and they were scared and confused all game. While we still have a TON of football left to play, I am not getting my hopes up for a season similar to last year. Lets just hope we can grow as a team and get our guys a ton of reps and see them come together at some point. Maybe we will have a better showing defensively against SD. Going to be a tough task in that game too as they love to throw the ball and they don't just have 2 threats like the colts do.

I don't get it. IMO, that was a HORRIBLE call giving the ball to brown on a third down call only to settle for a field goal late in the 4th quarter.

Going to be a long season guys as the competition doesn't get any easier especially a cream puff defense like the colts...

I guess the silver lining here (is there such a thing when you lose) is that we finally lined it up and ran the ball without a ton of madden plays. It worked but then again we are talking against the colts. We were 0-2 last year as well but then we didn't have nearly the strength of schedule last year either.

Yeah I was going crazy when we settle for the field goal and the 3 points when you know that our defense as little time they were on the field couldn't stop manning all night.

I'm not ready to say if over even though our schedule is not favorable as last year,even if we loose in San Diego.I'm waiting after we play the Bills and the Jets,if we are 0-5 or 1-4 after that,then is pretty much over.

Nothing like absolutely DOMINATING another team offensively

The Dolphins had the ball for 45 mins and amassed 403 yards. The Colts, who had had the ball for all of 15 mins, amassed 356 yards. What exactly is so DOMINANT about that?

The Phins doubled the Colts in total First Downs, and the Phins had a stellar 3rd Down %. But I wouldn't call the performance DOMINANT.

The Dolphins had the ball for 45 mins and amassed 403 yards. The Colts, who had had the ball for all of 15 mins, amassed 356 yards. What exactly is so DOMINANT about that?

The Phins doubled the Colts in total First Downs, and the Phins had a stellar 3rd Down %. But I wouldn't call the performance DOMINANT.

So you don't think that over 200 rushing yards, time of possession dominance and a "stellar" 3rd down conversion rate isn't a sign of dominance. If you were to put our stats into most games in the NFL, those are the exact recipes for a WIN....

I mean I cannot think of a coach that would want to not have 200+ rushing yards, great 3rd down conversion percentage and 45+ TOP...do you?

Back
Top Bottom