Really cool graphic showing Miami with top-rated overall roster | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Really cool graphic showing Miami with top-rated overall roster

So we’re going to complain about people complaining? Irony at its finest

"Complaint" is a negative.
"Complainers" are a negative.
Complaining about complainers is a "double" negative.

Mathematical proof says a negative multiplied by a negative is a positive.

So, a statement with a complaint (a negative) about complainers (a negative) is really a positive.

Makes sense to me. - LOL

I disagree with you about the status of our OL.

Last year a lot of changes were made to the OL and that improved OL played well under a 1st time HC. Injuries derailed it halfway through the season. We did make some OL additions during the season to try and offset our injuries. I expect those late additions will become depth for us this season. Having that improved depth on hand this season should make a big difference when we have injuries.

I believe the OL will be even better then at the beginning of the season last year, just because they have had a year - OK, 1/2 year, HaHa - under their belts and they should be in a better position this offseason to pick up from where they left off as a cohesive unit.

I agree we are likely to be Superbowl contenders and I believe the OL will be playing much better this year for the reasons given above.
Absolutely Ray…we signed a center and a left tackle that are very good…the left tackle is unfortunately injury prone and misses significant games every season, much like our QB.

Yes, injuries took out the two young (high draft pick) lineman at left guard and right tackle, and we were left with journeyman street free agents starting!

However, neither Eichenberg or Jackson have displayed starting talent, or the durability to even stay on the field?

So where is this complete O-line?

Speculation?

Absolutely Ray…we signed a center and a left tackle that are very good…the left tackle is unfortunately injury prone and misses significant games every season, much like our QB.

Yes, injuries took out the two young (high draft pick) lineman at left guard and right tackle, and we were left with journeyman street free agents starting!

However, neither Eichenberg or Jackson have displayed starting talent, or the durability to even stay on the field?

So where is this complete O-line?

Speculation?

We absolutely have the best roster in the NFL going into the draft and I don't care what anybody says. Coaching held us back last year but that's to be expected from a rookie HC, coulda/woulda/shoulda beat Buffalo with a 3rd string QB. Yes yes the oline is "shaky". Still have 3 excellent players in Armstead, Williams and Hunt. Not everyone has 3 players that good on their oline in the NFL. I still have faith in Austin Jackson as a RT because he has the talent (again don't care what anybody says) and I'm not overly concerned about LG. Now let's talk about the WR's and defense...

While I stand behind my stated opinion the OL will be much better this year with the players this year, I did not imply in any way that there aren't positions for improvement available.

I hope that much is clear.

Now when it comes to speculation, I'm your man. - LOL

We are at the point right now that we do not require a patch on any OL positions. The area I want upgraded the most is Center. Next to the QB, this is the most important position on the offense.

Let's start to look at changes to our OL, not as improvements to be a little more competitive, but let's start moving forward to create the best OL of this century.

First things first, and the first thing to consider for an OL is the Center. It may take two or three years to find that "Center" of the century, but let's not use draft picks that offer only slight improvements at a position, but that represent "player of the century" kind of improvements. On an offensive line, it really all starts with the Center.

We are currently a talent rich team and we should be making the OL a special project for the next three years. We need to avoid taking "small" steps in positional improvement that can be improved with another small step at the same position in two or three years. Thats like using two moderately high draft picks for the same or similar positions.

Let's start doing more planning and thinking ahead with regard to how we draft as opposed to always taking short term approach of "emergency repairs". While it is true that we will need to make a few "emergency repairs", that mode of player selection needs to be minimized and long term- high performance player selection needs to be maximized.

This doesn't mean we need five 1st round draft picks this year. It does mean that every draft pick we make needs to be aimed at people who can grow into long time - high level players at every draft position we have, and across all the available UDFA's.

This all means we will need coaches and scouts who can identify the players we need to sustain our team as a PREDOMINANT Playoff and Superbowl contender; like the Patriots did for almost two decades.

This means more planning and less patchwork, short term attitudes.

Last edited:
While I stand behind my stated opinion the OL will be much better this year with the players this year, I did not imply in any way that there aren't positions for improvement available.

We are at the point right now that we do not require a patch on any OL positions. The area I want upgraded the most is Center. Next to the QB, this is the most important position on the offense.

Let's start to look at changes to our OL, not as improvements to be a little more competitive, but let's start moving forward to create the best OL of this century.

First things first, and the first thing to consider for an OL is the Center. It may take two or three years to find that "Center" of the century, but let's not use draft picks that offer only slight improvements at a position, but that represent "player of the century" kind of improvements. On an offensive line, it really all starts with the Center.

We are currently a talent rich team and we should be making the OL a special project for the next three years. We need to avoid taking "small" steps in positional improvement that can be improved with another small step at the same position in two or three years. Thats like using two moderately high draft picks for the same or similar positions.

Let's start doing more planning and thinking ahead with regard to how we draft as opposed to always taking short term approach of "emergency repairs". While it is true that we will need to make a few "emergency repairs", that mode of player selection needs to be minimized and long term- high performance player selection needs to be maximized.

This doesn't mean we need five 1st round draft picks this year. It does mean that every draft pick we make needs to be aimed at people who can grow into long time - high level players at every draft position we have, and across all the available UDFA's.

This all means we will need coaches and scouts who can identify the players we need to sustain our team as a PREDOMINANT Playoff and Superbowl contender; like the Patriots did for almost two decades.

I actually think we struck gold on our center, it’s left guard and right tackle where I see weakness, as well as a quality swing tackle to backup our injury prone left tackle.

confused here.. we have a really solid center. we need a RT and a LG (and a TE) but the Bengals went to the Super Bowl 2 years ago with an atrocious OL

I actually think we struck gold on our center, it’s left guard and right tackle where I see weakness, as well as a quality swing tackle to backup our injury prone left tackle.

confused here.. we have a really solid center. we need a RT and a LG (and a TE) but the Bengals went to the Super Bowl 2 years ago with an atrocious OL

I’m sure Ray is implying they should move Williams back to RG.

I think Miami coaches agree with you, Ray, that center is very important - which is why they moved Williams there so their weak spot was RG and not C,

I think he’s gonna be staying there for the foreseeable future which is good with me.

We need more depth on the OL, it’s our shakiest unit BY FAR and the second most (or maybe even THE most) important unit in terms of team success.

"Really solid center" on this forum translates to just a solid NFL center, and
I'm being kind in light of the hyperbole so often used.

In order to have an exceptional OL, you need at least two exceptional (not just "solid") OL players and the one of the positions that must have an exceptional player is the Center.

I get fed up with the intentional overstatements of our players skill sets. That is just hyperbole that butt hurt fans use to state their case - often when they have no case.

Too much "Lemming" juice and too many "Lemming" droppings" around here.

I am thinking Miami is going to have the best roster on Defense, and one of the best on offense, no matter what that flawed graph may say.

The rating they give Tua along is cringe worthy, health issues or not.

Very excited about next year to prove how good our team is...Makes me Giddy all over at the thought.

maxresdefault.jpg

I am thinking Miami is going to have the best roster on Defense, and one of the best on offense, no matter what that flawed graph may say.

The rating they give Tua along is cringe worthy, health issues or not.
Must not be very flawed because you and the graph are in agreement on both parts.

Must not be very flawed because you and the graph are in agreement on both parts.

We disagree on offense, and how good Tua compares to other QBs, how our receivers compare to the Cowboys, and how our RBs compare to some other RB squads on other teams.

We disagree on offense, and how good Tua compares to other QBs, how our receivers compare to the Cowboys, and how our RBs compare to some other RB squads on other teams.
so they don't share the exact same opinion as you to a T but ultimately are in agreement overall... its like a different persons perspective, or something...

so they don't share the exact same opinion as you to a T but ultimately are in agreement overall... its like a different persons perspective, or something...

If they believe Miami has the best overall roster in the NFL (#1 comfortably by 1point), then we agree, but I believe they have them at #3 (In a three way tie), with number 4, 5 & 6 very close behind.

I guess my biggest issue is, in order not to name Miami the best Roster in the NFL, they disrespect him by making his number way too low, and putting a good amount of QBs that do not deserve to be ahead if him...Ahead of him.

It's an opinion, nothing wrong with that, but we hugely disagree.

"Really solid center" on this forum translates to just a solid NFL center, and
I'm being kind in light of the hyperbole so often used.

In order to have an exceptional OL, you need at least two exceptional (not just "solid") OL players and the one of the positions that must have an exceptional player is the Center.

I get fed up with the intentional overstatements of our players skill sets. That is just hyperbole that butt hurt fans use to state their case - often when they have no case.

Too much "Lemming" juice and too many "Lemming" droppings" around here.
By most measurable grades besides that of this forum Williams rated top 5 center grades

Back
Top Bottom