Reason a coveted QB available at No. 11 would be great for Dolphins even if they don’t want him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason a coveted QB available at No. 11 would be great for Dolphins even if they don’t want him

Never said that it couldn't be the QBs fault. Some of it is, but most of it isn't. posters like you want to pin it all on the QB which isn't the case.
Stop reading box scores and watch the games, you could learn something. If you get a chance look at the oline, take a look at the wonderful LBs we have. Look at the overall product not just QB.

Posters like me?

Your diatribe based in emotion, has no truth to it.

The problem with us making any trades is not NE or Philly.......anyone on the other phone is better at making deals than t-dumb

Ozzy rules!!

The issue with drafting a QB is you don't just draft one for the sake of drafting a QB. It's the one position that if you miss on it can set your franchise back for 3 years or so. You need to identify him as a long-term plus starter and then have him fall to you (or trade up). Just because someone slips in the draft you don't draft him unless you look at him as a great player. This is different then pretty much every other position when looking at the draft.
We all ready set back w thill17.. he is avg qb

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eminder-of-the-unpredictability-of-the-draft/

Given the unknown...I like my chances with Tannehill...use one of your 4th's to draft a QB...use 1-3 on making the defense your identity....if there is a "potential" QB available when we draft at 11...try to trade down 3-5 spots and gain an extra 3rd?....if so find a QB with one of your 3rd's.....unless one of the top 3 TE's are available...Build the team....we have a QB that, when healthy, can win with the right team around him...

With a strong/dominate defense and Tannehill leading our offense we will win 10+ games....and have a QB grooming for the future.....IMO
Yes if u draft guy in rd2 to 3 he will not be ready start also. It might take that guy 2 to 4 yr start. They are no promised draft pick is going work out.

We all ready set back w thill17.. he is avg qb

Yes if u draft guy in rd2 to 3 he will not be ready start also. It might take that guy 2 to 4 yr start. They are no promised draft pick is going work out.

So you say Thill is an average QB...then you say (I think) ...there is no promise a draft pick is going to work out...

So...are you drafting a QB in round 1 with Thill as your starter?

Are you wanting to trade Thill and draft another QB AND a back up QB?

Are you paying big money for a replacement in FA and keeping Thill...surely even though he is just "average" he can be your number 2 guy?...

I'm just saying I support Tannehill and want a rookie to groom...BUT I would draft a QB in the late 3rd or even 4th round...Tannehill can help us get in the play offs and beyond with the right team around him....but a rookie QB in the 1st probably isn't going to unseat him while a defensive play maker in the first can unseat one of our linebackers...or safeties....or add rotational relief at DE and pay dividends immediately.....IMO

The mock draft I shared with you on Monday seems meaningless at first blush because it’s just an estimate of what might happen in a few months without the benefit of knowing what’s about to happen at the start of the NFL league year in March and during free agency.

But it matters for one simple and significant reason:

It suggests the Dolphins are picking high enough to matter in the quarterback conversation.

And as this is bound to be the offseason of the quarterback around the NFL, that’s important.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle199787609.html?__twitter_impression=true

tumblr_oobxidHoTr1uvnv8xo7_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom