Reason Campbell will be a BUST. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason Campbell will be a BUST.

Schleprock said:
I agree, I am a half-hearted Auburn fan. I won't ride their jock because they are winning now, but after U of Miami I tend to keep an eye on how their doing. With that said I have to agree with the initial post. The year before last Auburn was suppose to be as good as they were this past season....but they joked and stunk. Their offense was terrible and Campbell was one of the main reasons! He succeeded this year because of the off. and backs he had, other than that his career has been nothing special.

I really don't think it was because of the running backs, they had a better group in '03 with Brandon Jacobs along side Brown and Williams, it seemed something click with him, perhaps it was not playing USC and I think the SEC being relatively down compared to other years. Campbell has always had the physical ability but I think he clicked mentally this year, it's not like he had great WR's to throw to, they were decent but i'm still not sold on Campbell and I still don't think Tuberville is a good coach. The BSC is BS and I would've really of liked to see Auburn play either Utah/Cal/Texas, I know Cal lost to Tech but I think that was more of a letdown for being wrongfully ommitted from a BCS game.

Boik14 said:
Im sorry i disagree vehemently. Hes switched offensive coordinators before his senior season and its perfectly obvious that the system auburn used in campbells senior year was the 1 that was the best suited for him. The Wr's on that team are fast but mediocore in their ability to catch and so the best way to get big plays wasnt to rely on RAC but instead just go vertical. You can teach accuracy on the deep ball; its a lot harder to find more arm stregth though and hes got that.

Hes a lot more Tom Brady than Jay Fiedler imo. He was criticized throughout college for not doing certain things so well but in the end all he does is win. In the end it sounds like a bitter bama fan.

Alright that offense suited him where all he did was dump off 2 yard passes to the the BEST two Rb's in college football. For all the Miami Campbell bandwagoners please tell me why the hell a guy who can't throw the long ball with accuracy should be picked by us in the 2nd round when we will be running a spread offense where the QB will have to throw deep with accuracy.

Campbell's abilities aren't suited for our team and IMO he's nowhere near the top 5 prospects at QB in this draft. He's overhyped due to his teams success this year. I've watched him play for years and i know he's garbage.

Someone will take him in the 2nd though. I just hope it's not us if we acquire the pick.

Cheapshotz said:
Alright that offense suited him where all he did was dump off 2 yard passes to the the BEST two Rb's in college football. For all the Miami Campbell bandwagoners please tell me why the hell a guy who can't throw the long ball with accuracy should be picked by us in the 2nd round when we will be running a spread offense where the QB will have to throw deep with accuracy.

Campbell's abilities aren't suited for our team and IMO he's nowhere near the top 5 prospects at QB in this draft. He's overhyped due to his teams success this year. I've watched him play for years and i know he's garbage.

Someone will take him in the 2nd though. I just hope it's not us if we acquire the pick.
Lets get 1 thing straight; Im not a bandwagon Campbell fan. I went to an SEC school (U of S Carolina) and Ive seen Campbell play enough times, just as you have to form an opinion on him. It just happens that we dont agree.

Now, as for the rest of that post, Maybe if Auburn had better downfield targets who could make plays on the ball at wr and TE the RB's wouldnt have seen so many passes. And if you watched him throughout his career how come you fail to realize hes gotten better every year. I still like Orton more than any qb at this point but I wouldnt be at all upset with Campbell.

Boik14 said:
Lets get 1 thing straight; Im not a bandwagon Campbell fan. I went to an SEC school (U of S Carolina) and Ive seen Campbell play enough times, just as you have to form an opinion on him. It just happens that we dont agree.

Now, as for the rest of that post, Maybe if Auburn had better downfield targets who could make plays on the ball at wr and TE the RB's wouldnt have seen so many passes. And if you watched him throughout his career how come you fail to realize hes gotten better every year. I still like Orton more than any qb at this point but I wouldnt be at all upset with Campbell.

Campbell is 5th round talent, A project QB, a good Physical specimen. I would be HIGHLY pissed if we wasted a 2nd or 3rd rounder on this guy. If he fell to the 5th i would take him based soley on physical attributes. There's 8 QB's i'd take in this draft before Campbell.

1. Aaron Rodgers (not in the top 10 IMO)
2. Alex Smith (between 15-20 IMO)
3. Andrew Walter (I like him better than the 1st two)
4. Kyle Orton
5. Stefan Lefors
6. Adrian Mcpherson
7. David Green
8. Charlie Frye

Cheapshotz said:
Campbell is 5th round talent, A project QB, a good Physical specimen. I would be HIGHLY pissed if we wasted a 2nd or 3rd rounder on this guy. If he fell to the 5th i would take him based soley on physical attributes. There's 8 QB's i'd take in this draft before Campbell.

4. Kyle Orton
5. Stefan Lefors
6. Adrian Mcpherson
7. David Green
8. Charlie Frye

Alright, but why would you rate McPherson higher? He is a bigger project, while tall not really a physical specimen (I believe he weighs 212) and does not have have the experience playing regular football than Campbell. I don't like either one but I question any list that has Stefan Lefors rated above Charlie Frye. David Greene has equal experience and about half the physical ability. My list of the top 5 Qb's goes like 1. Alex Smith, 2. Aaron Rodgers, 3. Charlie Frye, 4. Kyle Orton, 5. Jason Campbell. Now I think Campbell will end up being a solid backup but never a starter but I don't think McPherson will ever do anything in the pro's so I rate him higher than McPherson.

Cheapshotz said:

4. Kyle Orton
5. Stefan Lefors
6. Adrian Mcpherson
7. David Green
8. Charlie Frye
Wait, let me get this straight. You said Campbell has Fiedler like qualities then go ahead and list noodle armed Fiedler like qbs like greene and lefors on your wish list? And a guy with character problems; McPherson. A qb whos leadfooted and makes poor decisions (Walter). There is no perfect qb in this draft, no eli's or Big Bens or Rivers. Campbell is a lot better than youre giving him credit for though.

Boik14 said:
Wait, let me get this straight. You said Campbell has Fiedler like qualities then go ahead and list noodle armed Fiedler like qbs like greene and lefors on your wish list? And a guy with character problems; McPherson. A qb whos leadfooted and makes poor decisions (Walter). There is no perfect qb in this draft, no eli's or Big Bens or Rivers. Campbell is a lot better than youre giving him credit for though.

They aren't on my wish list dude! I just have them rated higher than Campbells soup.

Walter isn't leadfooted and he played way better football with WAY less talent surrounding him. Greene proved that he's a winner 4 straight years and Lefors is way the hell more accurate than Campbell. All 8 of those guys are better than Campbell right now.

Campbell is a project QB and for team in Miami's situation you don't risk a high pick on him. If i was GM the only time i would risk a 2nd rounder on a player that high is if he were an absolute physical FREAK(Matt Jones this year). Campbell isn't a freak and he had a lackluster career at Auburn.

Cheapshotz said:
They aren't on my wish list dude! I just have them rated higher than Campbells soup.

Walter isn't leadfooted and he played way better football with WAY less talent surrounding him. Greene proved that he's a winner 4 straight years and Lefors is way the hell more accurate than Campbell. All 8 of those guys are better than Campbell right now.

Campbell is a project QB and for team in Miami's situation you don't risk a high pick on him. If i was GM the only time i would risk a 2nd rounder on a player that high is if he were an absolute physical FREAK(Matt Jones this year). Campbell isn't a freak and he had a lackluster career at Auburn.
Are you kidding about Walter not being leadfooted? The guy is the only qb alive less mobile then Bledsoe! :roflmao:

You criticize Campbell for playing in a system offense then you list Green and Lefors who both played in system offenses for the past few years. Stop contradicting yourself.

As for freaks...that got Mike Mamula real far *end sarcasm*

Boik14 said:
Are you kidding about Walter not being leadfooted? The guy is the only qb alive less mobile then Bledsoe! :roflmao:

You criticize Campbell for playing in a system offense then you list Green and Lefors who both played in system offenses for the past few years. Stop contradicting yourself.

Debating with you is like talking to a brick wall.

What don't you understand about Campbell SUCKING for 3 years and then in his 4th year his "break through year" all he did was dump off passes to Brown and Williams.

Greene was GREAT all 4 years at Georgia and he'll fall in the draft due to mediocre arm strength.

Lefors was GREAT this year and is super accurate with short AND midranged passes, way more mobile than Campbell. Lefors is better at EVERYTHING at the QB position compared to Campbell except for his height.

Boik14 said:

Yeah, it also got Julius Peppers the #2 pick overall pretty far. /end sarcasm

Pure tunnelvision and that seldom is curable. If you saved selected tapes, as I have, just watch Campbell's eyes. They never move when it's a downfield pass play. He's a good athlete and can improvise if the intended play busts. But in the pocket he locks and stares.

Cheapshotz said:
Lefors was GREAT this year and is super accurate with short AND midranged passes, way more mobile than Campbell. Lefors is better at EVERYTHING at the QB position compared to Campbell except for his height.

Lefors may have Campbell in accuracy but arm strength has to go to campbell over Lefors.

Back
Top Bottom