Reason Campbell will be a BUST. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason Campbell will be a BUST.

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've watched this guy play all 4 years in college and he stinks. I'm from Alabama (Tide Fan) and i've been watching Auburn alot the past few years due to Alabama being sorry from years of probation.

Back to Campbell, His stocked has raised significantly this year due to the system he was running his final year at Auburn. In his senior year he racked up a 70% on completions by throwing to Brown coming out of the backfield and short routes to his receivers. Campbell is horrible when it comes to any pass that is 15 yrds are more. He stinks at finding open recievers, doesn't see the field AT ALL (horrible vision) and lacks accuracy throwing the long ball.

Campbell's a Jay Fiedler QB. A guy that will ONLY succeed if he has ALOT of talent surrounding him. You don't pick guy like this on the first day of the draft. You pick players who elevate the play of everyone around them and Campbell will never be that player.

If we pick a QB on the first day it had better be a guy who can elevate the play of those around him. IMO that's Andrew Walter a guy who had very little talent around him but played very well within those circumstances.

Here's Campbells Negative scouting reports. (IMO things that can't be taught).

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

Throughout his first three seasons as a starter, Campbell consistently held onto the ball too long, threw too many passes up for grabs when he ran out of time, missed open receivers downfield and overthrew too many of the receivers that he did find open.

Now in his 4th season his stats were improved ONLY because he threw 2 yrd dump off passes to Ronnie Brown or Caddy 10 times a game.

This isn't the type of guy we're looking for in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I've been saying the same thing cheapshotz. People forget that before this year, he stunk it up for 3 whole years.

Yup, I watched most of Auburns games this year and Campbell mainly threw passes to the RB's, quick slants and 10 yard bottlegs to the sidelines. Occasionally he would hit a WR downfield but missed them most of the time. He normally ended up running out of bounds for a 1 yrd gain because he never could find the open reciever.

Cheapshotz said:
Yup, I watched most of Auburns games this year and Campbell mainly threw passes to the RB's, quick slants and 10 yard bottlegs to the sidelines. Occasionally he would hit a WR downfield but missed them most of the time. He normally ended up running out of bounds for a 1 yrd gain because he never could find the open reciever.
When your tailbacks have the best hands on your team and the most open-field elusiveness, why not throw it to them?

HysterikiLL said:
When your tailbacks have the best hands on your team and the most open-field elusiveness, why not throw it to them?

That's fine for college. How does that warrant a 2nd round pick in the Pro's where a QB needs to hit targets downfield?

Cheapshotz said:
That's fine for college. How does that warrant a 2nd round pick in the Pro's where a QB needs to hit targets downfield?

Did someone on this board actually state that we should take him with the 2nd pick in the first?!?

Phinadict said:
Did someone on this board actually state that we should take him with the 2nd pick in the first?!?

Nope, Campbell's projected as a 2nd rounder and i said 2nd round as well.

Cheapshotz said:
Nope, Campbell's projected as a 2nd rounder and i said 2nd round as well.

My apologies. I re-read. Must be time to hit the sack. I think I would have to agree. anything before the 4th is a huge gamble to get sufficient return on investment.

I think he'll be a better pro than McPherson. I don't know what to think of Campbell or any of the QB's after Smith/Rodgers except I believe it'll take them a full 2 seasons before they're even close to being starting Qb's. Adrian McPherson is going to take the longest IMO before he is even ready to do anything in the pro's, while he has been having good workouts, I don't think he'll ever do anything in the pro's and the best comparision for him would be Akili Smith who had just as much ability and actually did something in college.

I agree, I am a half-hearted Auburn fan. I won't ride their jock because they are winning now, but after U of Miami I tend to keep an eye on how their doing. With that said I have to agree with the initial post. The year before last Auburn was suppose to be as good as they were this past season....but they joked and stunk. Their offense was terrible and Campbell was one of the main reasons! He succeeded this year because of the off. and backs he had, other than that his career has been nothing special.

Im sorry i disagree vehemently. Hes switched offensive coordinators before his senior season and its perfectly obvious that the system auburn used in campbells senior year was the 1 that was the best suited for him. The Wr's on that team are fast but mediocore in their ability to catch and so the best way to get big plays wasnt to rely on RAC but instead just go vertical. You can teach accuracy on the deep ball; its a lot harder to find more arm stregth though and hes got that.

Hes a lot more Tom Brady than Jay Fiedler imo. He was criticized throughout college for not doing certain things so well but in the end all he does is win. In the end it sounds like a bitter bama fan.

Back
Top Bottom