Reason For Optimism This Sunday... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason For Optimism This Sunday...

You did read where I said it’s nearly impossible to win this game?

Lol, you are already setting up for the excuses. I’l Tell you how this is going to end....with an embarrassing loss. We got lucky last year and caught NE off guard. That’s not happening again.

Lol, you are already setting up for the excuses. I’l Tell you how this is going to end....with an embarrassing loss. We got lucky last year and caught NE off guard. That’s not happening again.

Whatever dude.

Not really. If you paid attention you'd realize NE was very beat up when we faced them. Sometimes even the best teams in the league can't overcome the injury bug. I heard there OUT list on my way home from work that Monday and instantly thought to myself, "we are going to win". No Gronk (suspended), Edleman (already out), Hightower (already out), Van Noy (their best LB with Hightower out), Hogan played but was ailing as he returned early and was completely ineffective, Trey Flowers was out and Marcus Cannon was out. Next man up just didn't work for them on that night.

So what can Miami do to win this?.

The defensive ends have to get there. When we defeat New England at home that's how we dictate the game. Our defensive line -- and defense in general -- has unusual intensity and the rush collapses the pocket. Third down throws are altered and fall harmlessly incomplete.

Brady is more vulnerable to that type of thing at this age. Note that the Patriots road losses are becoming more lopsided. When things aren't going their way they don't have as many ways to compensate.

I think it will be obvious early in the game whether our defense has standard energy level and Brady is able to methodically pick them apart, or if the defense has similar ferocity to last season and we dictate the line of scrimmage.

Tannehill obviously needs to put up touchdowns instead of field goals. If the defense controls the game, then energy surges everywhere and those touchdowns happen.

A missed kick or two from Gostkowski wouldn't hurt, along with a thumped punt. These days I'm convinced opposing teams have no idea what they are getting into while facing the Dolphins kick rush units. They think it is 5% more intense than normal instead of closer to 25%.

Its not about Tannehill this go around. If we can stop the run we'll be in it. If not, a blowout looms.

Have we ever beaten the Patriots late when they were actually playing for home field advantage or some other reason they needed the win? Like actually beat the Patriots? Since the wildcat game? We are not on their radar when it comes to competition. Even when we win.

Have we ever beaten the Patriots late when they were actually playing for home field advantage or some other reason they needed the win? Like actually beat the Patriots? Since the wildcat game? We are not on their radar when it comes to competition. Even when we win.
Last game of the season in 2015. Patriots were playing for home field advantage in the playoffs, and the Dolphins were just playing out the string with a lame duck interim coach. Dolphins win at home and NE is forced to play at Denver in the AFC championship. They lost.

Last game of the season in 2015. Patriots were playing for home field advantage in the playoffs, and the Dolphins were just playing out the string with a lame duck interim coach. Dolphins win at home and NE is forced to play at Denver in the AFC championship. They lost.

Forcing the Patriots to get Dante Scarnecchia, offensive line coach, to come back after he had retired the year before.

Another reason for optimism is that you can get a Whopper for 1 cent if ordered basically from a McDonald's parking lot.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Creative promotion from a great Miami company...Burger King

Optimism is fine, just don't see us beating NE this Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom