Reason For Optimism This Sunday...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MarinoEqualsGod, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

You did read where I said it’s nearly impossible to win this game?

2. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Don’t care about your feelings Finheaven VIP

Lol, you are already setting up for the excuses. I’l Tell you how this is going to end....with an embarrassing loss. We got lucky last year and caught NE off guard. That’s not happening again.

3. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Whatever dude.

4. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Not really. If you paid attention you'd realize NE was very beat up when we faced them. Sometimes even the best teams in the league can't overcome the injury bug. I heard there OUT list on my way home from work that Monday and instantly thought to myself, "we are going to win". No Gronk (suspended), Edleman (already out), Hightower (already out), Van Noy (their best LB with Hightower out), Hogan played but was ailing as he returned early and was completely ineffective, Trey Flowers was out and Marcus Cannon was out. Next man up just didn't work for them on that night.

5. BostonBlackie11

BostonBlackie11 Active Member

I can assure you that considering Brady's record in Miami no one up here is taking this game lightly.

6. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

The defensive ends have to get there. When we defeat New England at home that's how we dictate the game. Our defensive line -- and defense in general -- has unusual intensity and the rush collapses the pocket. Third down throws are altered and fall harmlessly incomplete.

Brady is more vulnerable to that type of thing at this age. Note that the Patriots road losses are becoming more lopsided. When things aren't going their way they don't have as many ways to compensate.

I think it will be obvious early in the game whether our defense has standard energy level and Brady is able to methodically pick them apart, or if the defense has similar ferocity to last season and we dictate the line of scrimmage.

Tannehill obviously needs to put up touchdowns instead of field goals. If the defense controls the game, then energy surges everywhere and those touchdowns happen.

A missed kick or two from Gostkowski wouldn't hurt, along with a thumped punt. These days I'm convinced opposing teams have no idea what they are getting into while facing the Dolphins kick rush units. They think it is 5% more intense than normal instead of closer to 25%.

Rowdy1972 likes this.
  7. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

Its not about Tannehill this go around. If we can stop the run we'll be in it. If not, a blowout looms.

8. FINOMINAL

FINOMINAL Scout Team

Have we ever beaten the Patriots late when they were actually playing for home field advantage or some other reason they needed the win? Like actually beat the Patriots? Since the wildcat game? We are not on their radar when it comes to competition. Even when we win.

9. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Last game of the season in 2015. Patriots were playing for home field advantage in the playoffs, and the Dolphins were just playing out the string with a lame duck interim coach. Dolphins win at home and NE is forced to play at Denver in the AFC championship. They lost.

BobDole likes this.
  10. BostonBlackie11

BostonBlackie11 Active Member

Forcing the Patriots to get Dante Scarnecchia, offensive line coach, to come back after he had retired the year before.

Soca casual likes this.
  11. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Another reason for optimism is that you can get a Whopper for 1 cent if ordered basically from a McDonald's parking lot.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Creative promotion from a great Miami company...Burger King

NorFlaFin, Ray R and jacquesstrap like this.
  12. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

I think NE will out physical Miami on both sides of the ball and win fairly comfortably.

13. FINMAN1

FINMAN1 Well-Known Member

I'm going with the FINS by 2, in a close nail biter!

Ray R likes this.
  14. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Optimism is fine, just don't see us beating NE this Sunday.

15. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Don’t care about your feelings Finheaven VIP

That’s what happened in week 4. The only reason we scored was due to them letting up.