Reason For Optimism This Sunday... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason For Optimism This Sunday...

Can’t wait to see your excuses after the game.
I can hear them now, " Sure Ryan threw 3 picks, but our OL is ****. How can you play when you don't have any time." "How did Brady do that to us. Where was the defense from the Buffalo game." If the players just did their assignments, everything would be OK." "Matt(Burke) was on point, the players didn't execute." "Why do reporters ask these stupid questions?"

I have no idea how anyone can give 7.5 or 8 points on New England in this game, when they were 6.5 point favorites against Miami at home.

This number just screams at how much of a bargain the first meeting was...a severely undervalued Cream team at home

Plus 8 is too hard to pass up after missing out on plus 10 last year.

I’m not comfortable with the narrative of Tom Brady has played in Miami during his career. Every year is different. Every team is different. Every game is different. Just because the Patriots lost last year in Miami (in spectacular fashion, I might add) doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again on Sunday, much as we all want it to happen. I’m pretty pessimistic for Sunday, but then again, I’d love to be proven wrong.

This Patriots team is loaded offensively!
Defensively they still get away with Cr$%.
They hold so much with no calls. Minnesota breathes on the receiver and it was a holding call.
The Minnesota receiver Theilan had a point when he was going at Hoodie.

I hate that damn team and I don't see us winning this game at all!
They can both run the ball down our throats or passing on us at will.
They have the best O line in the league and it’s not even close. I’m not talking talent wise I’m talking scheme and coaching. This gives them the ability to run or pass at will and is the foundation of such a potent offence.
Man what I’d take for Dante S to be coaching our line.

Dolphins will beat Patriots and Vikings and Jags and lose to the Bills in the finale to miss the playoffs.
In most years. I truly think we are going to lose out. Hate to be a downer but I don’t think we win another game.

Monday there will be another “optimism” thread after we lose.

Without our speed , Wilson and Grant, and the fact that what New England is doing on offense plays right into our weakness on defense, this would be an all time upset. IMHO. If Gase makes this a game I won’t question him again.
Here's hoping.

I actually had optimism until I heard X was out.

Minkah covering Gordon will be interesting

McCain on Amendola

I’m not comfortable with the narrative of Tom Brady has played in Miami during his career. Every year is different. Every team is different. Every game is different. Just because the Patriots lost last year in Miami (in spectacular fashion, I might add) doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again on Sunday, much as we all want it to happen. I’m pretty pessimistic for Sunday, but then again, I’d love to be proven wrong.

I agree with that. Team and player trends are interesting but mostly meaningless and short lived. Naturally these will be unusual dispersion, as opposed to every team and every player managing the same degree of success against every team in the league.

Fans love them because mockery and praise are available both ways. The high end of the trend is praised while the losing end is ridiculed.

Generic trends that can apply to any team are considerably more dependable and long lasting. But they are comparatively vague and not as easy to identify so nobody pays much attention.

The Patriots problems in Miami are real.

Tom Brady owns a career 7-10 record in games played in South Beach. New England’s struggles in Miami have been more notable of late, as the Patriots have dropped four of their last five road games against the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom