Reasons Schedule is Great For Us | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons Schedule is Great For Us

Despacio said:
Well considering that here in AZ (no local coverage) I cant afford Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket right now, no prime time slots is devastating news for me. How in the hell am I going to see my new Fins play? :(

Of course the easy answer is find a local sports bar with Direct TV.

And on the subject of the original post .. I agree with it, was going to add #4 myself because I thought it was important then got to #4 and was like ... Sweet someone seeing the early bye as a positive also with the new systems.

At first I was mad about the early bye week but now that you put it that way it will be nice to have it early so we can tweak our new off/def's. Good post.

I think a lot of the teams on our schedule that were tough last year won't turn out to be so tough this year. I think we have a decent shot at having a good year all things considered.

cnc66 said:
my guess is that someone here would help, you could be watching sunday's game tuesday night...

True true, I forgot that I've found a great Dolphin fan community that can help with things like that. :)

Anyways, what if we broke down the schedule to analyze what teams we can beat with last years team.

SEPT. 11 DENVER BRONCOS - NO
Sept. 18 at New York Jets - YES
SEPT. 25 CAROLINA PANTHERS - NO
Oct. 2 Bye Weekend - NO :D (j/k)
OCT. 9 at Buffalo Bills - YES
Oct. 16 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - YES
OCT. 23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - NO
Oct. 30 at New Orleans Saints - YES
NOV. 6 ATLANTA FALCONS - NO
NOV. 13 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - YES :D
Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS - YES
Nov. 27 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. CBS - YES (if Surtain hangs around)
DEC. 4 BUFFALO BILLS 1:00 P.M. - MAYBE
Dec. 11 at San Diego Chargers - NO
DEC. 18 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 P.M. - MAYBE
DEC. 24 TENNESSEE TITANS - YES (at our lowest of lows when we lost)
Jan. 1 at New England Patriots - NO (lets not get carried away)

What teams up there are the conceivably least challenging as of now:

Denver Broncos
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Cleveland Browns
Tennesse Titans
Oakland Raiders (we got Linnehan and history on our side)
NE Patriots (one win)
Buffalo Billls (one win)
NY Jets (one win)

Now assuming this years team will be better, an assumption sure, but one I think a majority of us feel is a safe one, we should be looking forward to at least a .500 season. Just thoughts and speculation. . . or Taylor could retire and we'd go 4-12.

I know Ron Mexico is fun to watch and all, but the Falcons getting 3 Monday Night Home Games is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Da 'Fins said:
Several reasons:

1) We have only one major cold weather game (New England on Jan. 1). The only one close to that is Nov. 20 at Cleveland - which shouldn't be extreme.

2) We have no prime time games - this is great. There will be less coverage; we'll have a good reason to have a chip on our shoulders.

3) While our schedule is on paper very tough, it doesn't always work out that way as teams expected to be "soft" are tough and vice-versa.

4) Looks like only two games on the "dirt" since we have a bye in week 4 and two road games after that. The only way we'll have another dirt game is if the Marlins make it to the World Series - which, is a decent possibility.

5) The early "bye" has always been a bad thing to me. Last year, however, by the time the "bye" week came 'round, the season was over. This "bye" week will be good for us, however, as we will be working in TWO new systems on offense and defense. That will give us an early week off to work on the mental side of the equation and implement some new things, as well as make necessary adjustments as Saban sees what his players will do. Given the new systems, I like the early bye.

More reasons? Any disagreement?

I also find it interesting that Saban will be returning to Louisiana - should be an interesting "homecoming" of sorts for him. Will be interested to see the fan reaction. They should appreciate him for bringing a Championship to that part of the country - It SURE ain't going to happen with the 'Aints! :roflmao:

First off we have 2 trips to the west coast in 3 weeks, an early bye, no prime time game, first time since 1969. Which by the way is no reason to have a chip on "our shoulder" It should already be there from being 4-12

Nice post Da 'Fins. I agree with all that. No on the orange jersey.

Nublar7 said:
The biggest problem with NO Prime Time games is that we are going to be wearing our Orange jerseys on a hot Sunday afternoon instead of at night. :(

LOL! ill take a hot day in Miami anytime over going to Buffalo! I have been to games in Oct. where it is rotten cold and Rainy, you just never know what you are going to get up there.

Even though it has been rated the toughest, there are still seven none division teams on the schedule who didn't make the playoffs last year. That just leaves the AFC East, Atlanta, Denver and San Diego. The only cold away games are NE, Cleveland and maybe Tennesee. It could be much worse IMO.

Despacio said:
Well considering that here in AZ (no local coverage) I cant afford Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket right now, no prime time slots is devastating news for me. How in the hell am I going to see my new Fins play? :(

I tell you what to do....go a Sportsbar in Tempe, Arizona called McDuffys...it was in the top 25 best sports bars in the United States...I believe they show every NFL game...that was my hangout when I lived in Tempe and went to ASU.
:)

patsdynasty said:
those hideous orange jerseys shouldnt be worn morning, afternoon or night!!!!!!

please u guys cant honestly think those unis are sharp can u??????
they are sooooooooooooo ugly!!!!!!

:eek:

We are undefeated in those "hideous orange jerseys." They are a good change of pace.

I mean if you don't like the orange, then you don't like one of the three colors in the uniform. Its like saying, God those teal jerseys look like crap and so do those white ones!

Nublar7 said:
The biggest problem with NO Prime Time games is that we are going to be wearing our Orange jerseys on a hot Sunday afternoon instead of at night. :(

more than likely u will see it im one of our december games where it is cooler

patsdynasty said:
those hideous orange jerseys shouldnt be worn morning, afternoon or night!!!!!!

please u guys cant honestly think those unis are sharp can u??????
they are sooooooooooooo ugly!!!!!!

:eek:

its funny that Brady has nightmares about them

One other positive about our schedule:

New England is going to come into both games against us on short weeks because they play on Monday night the previous week. (They host Indianapolis before they come south, and they go to the Jets before we go north.)

Da 'Fins said:
Several reasons:

1) We have only one major cold weather game (New England on Jan. 1). The only one close to that is Nov. 20 at Cleveland - which shouldn't be extreme.

2) We have no prime time games - this is great. There will be less coverage; we'll have a good reason to have a chip on our shoulders.

3) While our schedule is on paper very tough, it doesn't always work out that way as teams expected to be "soft" are tough and vice-versa.

4) Looks like only two games on the "dirt" since we have a bye in week 4 and two road games after that. The only way we'll have another dirt game is if the Marlins make it to the World Series - which, is a decent possibility.

5) The early "bye" has always been a bad thing to me. Last year, however, by the time the "bye" week came 'round, the season was over. This "bye" week will be good for us, however, as we will be working in TWO new systems on offense and defense. That will give us an early week off to work on the mental side of the equation and implement some new things, as well as make necessary adjustments as Saban sees what his players will do. Given the new systems, I like the early bye.

More reasons? Any disagreement?

I also find it interesting that Saban will be returning to Louisiana - should be an interesting "homecoming" of sorts for him. Will be interested to see the fan reaction. They should appreciate him for bringing a Championship to that part of the country - It SURE ain't going to happen with the 'Aints! :roflmao:
You are the first person that I have seen who posted a thread about how great the shedule is :) . Everyone is saying its horrible.

Back
Top Bottom