Reasons Schedule is Great For Us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons Schedule is Great For Us

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Several reasons:

1) We have only one major cold weather game (New England on Jan. 1). The only one close to that is Nov. 20 at Cleveland - which shouldn't be extreme.

2) We have no prime time games - this is great. There will be less coverage; we'll have a good reason to have a chip on our shoulders.

3) While our schedule is on paper very tough, it doesn't always work out that way as teams expected to be "soft" are tough and vice-versa.

4) Looks like only two games on the "dirt" since we have a bye in week 4 and two road games after that. The only way we'll have another dirt game is if the Marlins make it to the World Series - which, is a decent possibility.

5) The early "bye" has always been a bad thing to me. Last year, however, by the time the "bye" week came 'round, the season was over. This "bye" week will be good for us, however, as we will be working in TWO new systems on offense and defense. That will give us an early week off to work on the mental side of the equation and implement some new things, as well as make necessary adjustments as Saban sees what his players will do. Given the new systems, I like the early bye.

More reasons? Any disagreement?

I also find it interesting that Saban will be returning to Louisiana - should be an interesting "homecoming" of sorts for him. Will be interested to see the fan reaction. They should appreciate him for bringing a Championship to that part of the country - It SURE ain't going to happen with the 'Aints! :roflmao:

The biggest problem with NO Prime Time games is that we are going to be wearing our Orange jerseys on a hot Sunday afternoon instead of at night. :(

At least we can look forward to a high pick in next years draft, if we don't have a good season this year.

I thiink the Lousiana Folk will give Saban a standing O.. Its not like they will be cheering much for Haslett keeping the Aints in the gutter.

I really hope to be optimistic about this season. I agree with everything you said except I'm not so confident about the early bye being a good thing. I was hoping for it to come during midseason.

Da 'Fins said:
Several reasons:

1) We have only one major cold weather game (New England on Jan. 1). The only one close to that is Nov. 20 at Cleveland - which shouldn't be extreme.

2) We have no prime time games - this is great. There will be less coverage; we'll have a good reason to have a chip on our shoulders.

3) While our schedule is on paper very tough, it doesn't always work out that way as teams expected to be "soft" are tough and vice-versa.

4) Looks like only two games on the "dirt" since we have a bye in week 4 and two road games after that. The only way we'll have another dirt game is if the Marlins make it to the World Series - which, is a decent possibility.

5) The early "bye" has always been a bad thing to me. Last year, however, by the time the "bye" week came 'round, the season was over. This "bye" week will be good for us, however, as we will be working in TWO new systems on offense and defense. That will give us an early week off to work on the mental side of the equation and implement some new things, as well as make necessary adjustments as Saban sees what his players will do. Given the new systems, I like the early bye.

I also find it interesting that Saban will be returning to Louisiana - should be an interesting "homecoming" of sorts for him. Will be interested to see the fan reaction. They should appreciate him for bringing a Championship to that part of the country - It SURE ain't going to happen with the 'Aints! :roflmao:
That's a really good way to look at it. I mean, like the other guy said we'll have to wear the orange jerseys during the day but maybe we'll wear them in cleveland, where we wont be affected by them. I really like your post though.

those hideous orange jerseys shouldnt be worn morning, afternoon or night!!!!!!

please u guys cant honestly think those unis are sharp can u??????
they are sooooooooooooo ugly!!!!!!

:eek:

patsdynasty said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Those orange jerseys suck. I don't care what our record is in them.

patsdynasty said:

I dont care what they look like, as long as we win in them. Ff course your team did see them orange jerseys.....remember? :D

Da 'Fins said:
Several reasons:

Excellent post dude, i agree with you 100 percent on the facts of our sch.

I Like it because to BE the best you must BEAT the best...We can fly under the radar and bomb the $hit out of them...oh sorry, got a little excited there.

I'm just psyched that I'll be in the Meadowlands in the warm weather!!:)

Da 'Fins said:
Several reasons:

very nice post.

Back
Top Bottom