Reasons why Gus should start! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons why Gus should start!

wazzy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There are so many reasons why Gus should start.

- He knows the system already
- The defence is not getting any younger
- We can draft a QB next year and let him develope under Gus and learn the system
- Gus is a an above average quarterback who can control the game(Jake Delhomme) and thats all we need with the running game were going to have.
- It is more likely Feely will struggle at the beginning of the season with the new system and that is not good when we can have a winning team with a QB that can control the game

wazzy said:

- We can draft a QB next year and let him develope under Gus and learn the system
- Gus is a an above average quarterback who can control the game(Jake Delhomme) and thats all we need with the running game were going to have.
- It is more likely Feely will struggle at the beginning of the season with the new system and that is not good when we can have a winning team with a QB that can control the game

Start ROSENFELS!!!!!!

-We Traded a 4th Rounder for him
-He's played 1 game
-He's the Youngest
-He's Blonde
-This Thread Stinks!

please id rather have the AJ feeley of last year than gus... you guys act like gus is a star, hes really not...

how about the QB who plays the best starts. I don't really care who that is. Who knows the best of the bunch might be Berlin.;)

Agreed Except For The Berlin Part, The Guy That Gives Us The Best Chance To Win Should Start

dolfreak said:
Start ROSENFELS!!!!!!

-He's played 1 game
-He's the Youngest
-He's Blonde
-This Thread Stinks!

If memory serves me well, what we traded was no higher than a 6th rounder.

wazzy said:

Well, let me give you some reasons why Gus should NOT start.

As far as Gus knowing the system:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIN
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIN/2003/regular
....looks like Daunte's system to me.

(As an aside: http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2003/regular?sort_col_1=8. Gus played against Detroit, San Francisco, and Atlanta.)

As far as...well, all your other posts, I direct you here:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070
and for comparison, http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12363
....Is Gus capable of controlling the game? Is Gus an above-average QB? Is Gus capable of mentoring a young QB?

I'll return to the point I made when Gus first was signed months ago: He's like Jay Fiedler, except not quite as good. If you recall, Fiedler was hammered just as badly in last year's offense as Feeley, and Feeley ended up winning the job and improving. Those are FACTS, not opinions.

Reason to start Feeley...

-WE ARE REBUILDING!!!!
-Were not trying to contend for the Superbowl this year
-We need to find out if Feeley is capeable or not
-Even if Gus starts and does well, we still have to draft a QB next year because Gus is not the future
-If Feeley pans out, we dont have to draft one next year which would be huge
-There is no point starting Gus just to try to win a couple more games this year when we arnt tryin to win it all
-If we start anyone other than Gus... it should be Sage because atleast he has a future
-Everyone is gunna need to learn a little patience
-Winning a couple extra games this year is not worth it
-We need to stop thinking about the present and start thinking about the future!!!

Nasty

Actually, the defense IS getting younger. We'll have a new starting corner, 2 new safties, 1 possibly 2 new DTs and a new LB starting for us this year. All of which could very well be comprised mainly of rookies or very young players.

The point of this team right now is to build for the future. I don't think the age of the defense should have anything to do with our starting QB.

I say let the best man play, with Feeley winning any sort of tie due to his age advantage.

If we need to draft a QB next year, that's fine... but I don't see that changing regardless of which one of our QBs starts.

The only reason to start Frerotte would be to ensure that we have the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

dolfreak said:
Start ROSENFELS!!!!!!

-He's played 1 game
-He's the Youngest
-He's Blonde
-This Thread Stinks!

if u dont like the thread dont bother seeing it simple as that stop mocking

wazzy said:

Excellent reasoning. The defenSe should tell us who we start at QB. :shakeno:

I dont care who the best guy is or who can benefit the team more in the future, the defenSe is aging so we should start Gus. Doh!

wazzy said:

so you're only thinking short term....If Feeley doesn't get a chance to play, based on your short term goals, why draft another qb next year, by then Feeley will know the O.
:confused:

Wazzy,

Doesnt Gus' name sound french? Gus Frerotte? Thats another reason he should start.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!:billfan:

Back
Top Bottom