• No

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shula Fan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
For the last four years our team has been touted as being "Real Close" to winning the superbowl. Each year they we get further away from it. The Offense is terrible. We have Ricky, CC, Randy, Rob Konrad and nothing else that would resemble a superbowl caliber O.
The Defense is getting older and slower and cost too much to continue to "come close".

My question is with the "Changes" made after we again didn't make the playoffs, do you think we should dump the high priced personnel and older players and start to rebuild this team from the ground up?

No I think this defense has one more season and then if we dont get it done its time. The defense wasnt that bad last year. If we had an offense that could actually win some games by themselves like the defense has done for the last 4 years we could still be playing. So I say give it one more year and then its time to start over.

ive said before, to alot of peoples dismay, that i would not mind selling the farm minus guys like JT, Zach, Surtain, Ricky, CC. to go 1-15 and get that #1 pick. Thats not going to happen but with that said, i say rebuild this Oline completely (which is going to happen) and get a guy to compliment CC and of course, two new QB's.

If you could get the whole defense to give up 10-15% of there pay to get this accomplished then i would not say rebuild totally but madison/Mare/Timbo (still plays good but getting older), Zach (same thing), JT, Marion make too much right now. the defense complains about the offense, until they realise that we need mo money to get the offense goin. time to sacrifice if you ask me. and i dont think they will. its all about the money.:rolleyes:

this is not realistic under the salary cap once you start accounting for all the dead cap we would have if we let go of players like Pat, Sam, JT and Zach

We still have a talented nucleus defensivly but we are getting old quick. The offensive line needs extensive patchwork, we need a quality QB and another decent reciever to compliment a very good one in Chambers.

If this is done the right way we might be ok for 1-2 yrs more, but after that the defense starts to collapse and we might become a Marinoesque offense (Score at will and defense needs a traffic whistle)

Hopefully we drat well, sign the right F/A's and we become what we've been waiting for for a long time - a feared team!!!

Originally posted by gunn34
For the last four years our team has been touted as being "Real Close" to winning the superbowl. Each year they we get further away from it. The Offense is terrible. We have Ricky, CC, Randy, Rob Konrad and nothing else that would resemble a superbowl caliber O.
The Defense is getting older and slower and cost too much to continue to "come close".

My question is with the "Changes" made after we again didn't make the playoffs, do you think we should dump the high priced personnel and older players and start to rebuild this team from the ground up?

Riggghhhttt...like any of you can handle a rebuild. You all cry after a 10-6 season and then considering rebuilding? BS.

I for one do not accept any kind of rebuilding. It might sound like a broken record "we are close" but unfortunately it is the truth. It is much harder to go from good to great instead from bad to good. Rebuilding does not gurantee you a superbowl either. It does guarantee you losing seasons though. I am not willing to take that chance.

We ARE close. We have to fall somewhere in between. We need to sign a few impact players to get this O sparked up, but we have to start drafting for the future. The future of this team is the young offense. We need to draft a young QB to compliment Ricky, Chambers, and McMichaels. Their out future, plan for them, but don't scrap our entire team just yet. I wouldn't scap it at all in fact, I'd keep our D as long as we can, and start fillingholes. We'll have to eventually.

Its a cycle. We have a great d, but no O. But we used to have a great O, but no D. The key is to fall somewhere in between, and get the least talented of the two to spark to life.

We should have started rebuilding two years ago. We're just putting off the inevitable.

I would only "rebuild" the QB position right now for tomorrow and this is as good a yr as any to do it in. We have maybe one more real good chance at this to try and get some FA help to get this done. Besides, if we rebuild, i don't want Wannstedt to have his mark on anything here any more.

Back
Top Bottom