Recievers Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recievers Report

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
From what I have gathered no passes have been thrown to Ernest Wilford and Ted Ginn Jr. during the team portion of practice, which is a trend I'm beginning to find disturbing.

The top performer of the day was Derek Hagan, who caught everything thrown his way, and made some REALLY nice catches in traffic, and against tight coverage. First, McCown connected on a drag to Hagan, who was playing the slot and slipped underneath a zone.

Beck also hit Hagan for a good pass in traffic on his very first pass of team drills. He threw away his second pass to avoid a sack, but followed that up by taking a would-be sack from Kendall Langford. His fifth pass was a good one to David Kircus (I didn't see who was defending because I was paying attention to Moses lining up as a defensive end on the same side with Anderson as the outside linebacker....It looked promising).

But back to offense highlights because I know what you want....Hagan's best catch was during the final session of 11-on-11 when he caught a long bomb from McCown, who by far throws the best deep ball. Hagan beat Will Allen on the play that would have been good for a 30-plus gain. Allen was in position but simply couldn't make a play for the ball.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/07/dolphins-prac-2.html

Keep in mind though that Sparano went out of his way in his presser to specifically praise Ted Ginn. He was asked what receivers (other than Hagan) stand out to him and the first name out of his mouth was Ted Ginn. Talked about how fast he's playing, which to Sparano is not a function of a guy's speed but actually a function of how much he knows exactly what he's doing and is able to go out there and play fast with confidence and without thinking. He admitted Ted was "up and down" during the spring, but has been much better during TC thus far.

Back
Top Bottom