Record Days for Cam Wake, Sean Smith, Tannehill, Hartline, Bess | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Record Days for Cam Wake, Sean Smith, Tannehill, Hartline, Bess

I believe the announcers said the rule is if he doesn't bobble the ball (maintains complete control/possession) then the fact that it touched the ground is mute.
Which is true, the ball didn't move one iota in his hands before or after it touched the ground.

I had a harder time with the two feet, but I do feel he got both feet in bounds (objectively speaking).

as long as he has 2 feet and the ball doesn't move, I didn't think he got the 2nd one in before the ball touched the ground. It doesn't matter as they made the call but I was just trying to see what you guys thought.

I didn't think Smith had his second foot down but I'm not complaining. I also don't think Legedu Naanee made a football move on that fumble.

I agree the ball was never tucked away.

Making a football move doesn't solely rely on tucking the ball away, watch Naanee's feet again, that's the reason they said he possessed the ball and made a football move.
He made a move with his feet to avoid the oncoming defender and immediately after he makes the step is when he dropped the rock.
Although I must say It's a lot easier to see in slow mo than in real time.

His left foot ever so slightly dragged the ground as he was falling out of bounds.

Nanee caught the ball, started to make a move and lost it. Both calls were correct.

Back
Top Bottom