Recording Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recording Games

Coots82

<3 Dolphins <3
Reaction score
I was just curious if you guys who record games can give me some tips on a good dvd recorder to buy that will do good to record the games this season. I was looking in the 225-250 range.
I was also curious if anyone knows a good site to snag some really good New Orleans vs. Miami on October 30th 2005.
I am needing 4 tickets, Dolphins side, lower level. I found a site, it was buyselltix.com I belive and they were outrageous. Is there any chance of me getting lower level to that game when single season tickets go on sale ? Because lower-level at the saints aren't but 80 bucks.
Thanks for all the help.

Coots82 said:
I was just curious if you guys who record games can give me some tips on a good dvd recorder to buy that will do good to record the games this season. I was looking in the 225-250 range.
I was also curious if anyone knows a good site to snag some really good New Orleans vs. Miami on October 30th 2005.
I am needing 4 tickets, Dolphins side, lower level. I found a site, it was buyselltix.com I belive and they were outrageous. Is there any chance of me getting lower level to that game when single season tickets go on sale ? Because lower-level at the saints aren't but 80 bucks.
Thanks for all the help.

i don't personally know anything about dvd recorders, but i bet someone does. For the tickets, i'd recommend stubhub.com. You buy form season ticket holders and all the tickets are garunteed.

Thanks for the site bro, to bad they don't have the game I'm looking to go to.

Nobody knows any good DVD recorders ?
Where I can get tix cheap ?

Steveincolorado who posts on this board has traded games with me. He burns his, and this is what he told me: (I hope you don't mind if I post this, Steve!)
I bought my dvd player last July. I bought a Panasonic. For the price, I though it was okay. I spent 350 on it, but you can buy the same one now for only 250. The model is DMR-E55. I think it's Panasonics low end one. I've seen dvd burners range from 200 to 1,000 bucks. One thing you need to look at is what format they will burn in. Mine burns in the -R format, some burn in both -R and +R. I think that the -R is the most popular choice. I bought mine at a Best Buy. you can get the same one there or at a Curcuit City,Target, and I even think Wal-Marts carry them. I was talking to a guy on one of the Bills sites and he told me he had a Panasonic and it went out. He went and bought a Sony and is happy with that. I think Sony makes some pretty good stuff, but they cost a little bit more. I've had no problems with mine, but I might look into a Sony next time. Some dvd burners burn in both formats, (-R,+R). Which ever you choose, I'd make sure you can burn the -R format, I think its more popular. Kinda like vhs or beta. I switched over to the Memorex type of discs. I've been using the Office Depot brand and from what I was told by a employee there that he'd never use them. He said to stick with a known brand like Sony/Memorex/TDK. I've burned about 200 Office Depot disc and never had a problem until that last package I bought. I took them back and thats when they told me about the brands. I even called Panasonic and they told be about the different brands and that I should stay away from the Office Depot brand.
I have my burner hooked up to my tv system. I have surround sound/dvd burner/Directv hooked up in one system. The burner I have has a front input jacks. So what I do is pull out the VCR and hook it into the those jacks and burn that way and when I'am done with the VCR, I just store it in a closed.
I hope this info clears up a few questions. I don't have a problem with the burner that I have know, but It will wear out someday. They all do.

Most of the people that share the games on this site do not use a DVD recorder to record games. They usually do whats called capping with their PC. All you need is a good graphics or TV card to record. Then you can burn them on what format you choose.

Well I have a Nvidia 6800 Ultra , but I want a dvd recorder for my T.V. and was curious which one's were good and simple to use because my computer is a good distance away from my t.v.

Nobody knows anymore good ticket sites?

i bought a chip for my computer that will let me record games to my computer. I also get nfl Sunday ticket annually, so good times will be had by me. I am hoping to figure out how to make highlight clips from the games as well, although I don’t know how to do that yet.

I will be recording the games in VHS quality. I get 9 and a half days worth of video on VHS quality on my computer. On DVD quality I only get about 11 hours of video.

Well, try using Adobe Premier for editing video bobby, I know that much about video's and computers. It's not a problem for me to record on my computer guys. I want a dvd recorder for my t.v. I want a collection of all the games from here on out, I want to be able to set the burner while I'm at work(have to work some sundays) and then when I get back burn it on the burner on the tv burner and set it in my collection.
So the computer thing I dont want to do , I'm buying a burner.

Again Bobby, it's called Adobe Premier. Awesome and with a little time, easy to use.

You might want to check the Times Picayune newspaper in New Orleans in their tickets section...often people head out of town and you may be able to score some tickets cheap...but maybe not 4 together? Also give the Saints box office a call and see if they maybe have some extra ticks available.

www.timespicayune.com

Back
Top Bottom