Recovery Time For Boston's Injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recovery Time For Boston's Injury

ac_lanham

The Comeback Kid
Reaction score
What is the typical recovery time for a torn patella tendon. Also, I'm not trying to say he may be able to play, but has anyone ever recovered from this type of injury earlier than expected or anything like that, or is this basically just like tearing an ACL?

he did it already 1nce in the other knee, he will be ready for next years camp, but how effictive can he be, remains to be seen..... :shakeno:

Yeah I work in a Orthopedic office we work with the Colts and Pacers and all of those teams here in Indy. Torn Patella Tendon is really a bad thing. It also depends on how bad the tear was. If he had to undergo surgery then he cant even really start walking for like another 6-8 weeks. Then he'll have to undergo a ton of physical therapy. Dont look for him back this season and look for him to probably lose a step next season. Really Really sucks. I tore 2 tendons in my ankle a year ago and it still has never been the same. Cant even play basketball without coming home walking like a 80 year old man.

It is about a 80% chance that he will never play again.....at least not be the D. Boston we remember.

HUH?

I write medical articles for a certain Bills board.... one will be osted on this injury explaining as much as i could at the zone soon...

In about 6 months he should be back to 85-90%.. that being the normal amount of recovery... doubtful he gets to 100. But with a little luck and hard work (and good docotors) it is not impossible...

here's an early peak at the story if you want.

Patellar Tendon Rupture

I heard he was going to have surgery. There is no way he'll be back in time to salvage this season. At least the way his contract is structured, we won't waste too much money on him.

Back
Top Bottom