Red Sox beat Yankees after Sheffield scuffles with fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox beat Yankees after Sheffield scuffles with fan

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Gary Sheffield kept his cool just as another confrontation between Fenway Park fans and the New York Yankees was heating up.

Sheffield was fielding Jason Varitek's two-run triple along the low right-field fence in the eighth inning of Boston's 8-5 victory Thursday night when a fan swung a short uppercut in his direction, appearing to graze the side of the slugger's face with his right arm.

"Something hit me in the mouth. It felt like a hand," Sheffield said. "I thought my lip was busted."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/04/14/yankees.redsox.ap.ap/index.html

One part I thought was funny in that whole terrible incident. Sheffield decided to hit the fan THEN throw the ball back. :lol:

Anyway, the fan is a p*ick, I wish Sheffield clocked him.

And now the talk is they will suspend Sheffield ??? I'm the biggest Yankee hater in the world, but he does not deserve that. That fan and the one that threw the beer should have there season tickets taken away!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And now the talk is they will suspend Sheffield ??? I'm the biggest Yankee hater in the world, but he does not deserve that. That fan and the one that threw the beer should have there season tickets taken away!

yes he does and i'm a Yankee fan. The fan is an idiot and should never be allowed in fenway again BUT you cannot go after a fan under any circumstances(unles of course your life is in danger which was not the case last night). he deserves to be suspended for a whiel but luckily this is MLB and he'll probably only get a couple of games.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Agreed! Two less people I have to compete with to get tickets to games at Fenway. :D

FaninPatsyLand said:
One part I thought was funny in that whole terrible incident. Sheffield decided to hit the fan THEN throw the ball back. :lol:

Anyway, the fan is a p*ick, I wish Sheffield clocked him.

LOL, I thought they might have sent Varitek back in 2nd because of it.

Sheffy does not deserve a suspension. He was hit, pushed the fan back to avoid another cheap shot and get a piece... Sheffy really could have gone in the stands and killed that guy. Joe T said he's glad secrurity stepped in. He impied that fan would have got his **** ruined.

This isn't like the other suspensions of the past. Sheffy didn't blow up because of tuants, or anything like that. He was involved in the play and got a sucker punch.

I don't like the Yankees, but they're class acts and none of them deserve that ****.

My only question... Why is that scumbag not in jail?

Back
Top Bottom