Red Sox waive Ramirez! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox waive Ramirez!

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
The Boston red Sox placed Ramirez on irrevocable waivers meaning if no other team claims him by Friday his rights revert back to the Red Sox.

I don't think anybody but, the yankees will claim him. No one else will want to take on his 20 million dollar salary. Besides he's got friends there. :rolleyes:

Anyway, NBD, him and his attitude can be easily replaced. He's a dog, good riddance.

*fingers crossed* That georgie boy pulls the trigger.

Last edited:
Vlad Guererro.....Gary Sheffield.....Billy Wagner.......all of these players and more could easily do more for the Red Sox than Mr. Jog-to-first-base......

Ice, do me a favor and please don't assume that I don't know what I'm talking about....If you have something to say then say it.

Your little one line response hardly dented my bubble.

no one wants him at that price - especially his hometown Yanks. He will stay w/the Sox.

He is staying, and you can diss on his attitude, but he is one of the best players of the league without a doubt.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He is staying, and you can diss on his attitude, but he is one of the best players of the league without a doubt.

Maybe so but, I've had enough of his act.

This year's Red Sox team was like no other before them....they used to be known as "25 players....25 seperate limos".....This year they were more of a team than any other Red Sox team in history and it showed...the playoffs were personified by the shaved heads and the "cowboy up" theme.....Only problem was there were 22 players that shaved their heads and three "superstars" that didn't........Pedro....Nomar....and Manny.

Can't get rid of Pedro, pitchers of THAT quality can't be replaced......Nomahh is getting married right now so he had a good reason for not shaving his head...and then there's Manny, Mr. Me me me.....We actually made up ground on first place when manny was out this year, so you be the judge on how much he means to the team. 5 years ago I wouldn't argue with you that Manny was the best player in the game. But, the facts are that there are many players now who put up just as good if not better numbers than manny (check yourself) and aren't near the headache that he makes of himself. In other words, he can be replaced.

Buuuuut, like D39 said....FAT CHANCE! ....No body wants him at what he's scheduled to make. Because he isn't worth it.

That right there should convince you that he aint all that.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Maybe so but, I've had enough of his act.

This year's Red Sox team was like no other before them....they used to be known as "25 players....25 seperate limos".....This year they were more of a team than any other Red Sox team in history and it showed...the playoffs were personified by the shaved heads and the "cowboy up" theme.....Only problem was there were 22 players that shaved their heads and three "superstars" that didn't........Pedro....Nomar....and Manny.

Can't get rid of Pedro, pitchers of THAT quality can't be replaced......Nomahh is getting married right now so he had a good reason for not shaving his head...and then there's Manny, Mr. Me me me.....We actually made up ground on first place when manny was out this year, so you be the judge on how much he means to the team. 5 years ago I wouldn't argue with you that Manny was the best player in the game. But, the facts are that there are many players now who put up just as good if not better numbers than manny (check yourself) and aren't near the headache that he makes of himself. In other words, he can be replaced.

Buuuuut, like D39 said....FAT CHANCE! ....No body wants him at what he's scheduled to make. Because he isn't worth it.

That right there should convince you that he aint all that.

Who cares if he didn't shave his head? That is a Yankee-type thing where the players have to follow a certain code of how they look. Making everyone look the same is lame. This isn't the army.

P.S. Johnny Damon didn't shave his head either.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the unfrozen caveman. :lol:

But don't miss the point, it's not about shaving your head or not, it's the attitude behind the not.

Hey but it's all good, you see it one way, I see it another....I assume that you have watched every Red Sox game that was possible for you or at least followed the game on line most nights, or digested every article you could get your hands on about the team, right? I mean, I've followed this team every year since 1978 and I know you aren't old enough to have been a fan that long but, you're a smart guy and if you tell me that you know all about Manny Ramirez and the Red Sox from the hundreds of articles that you have read, I would value your opinion. You are a Red Sox fan right?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the unfrozen caveman. :lol:

But don't miss the point, it's not about shaving your head or not, it's the attitude behind the not.

Hey but it's all good, you see it one way, I see it another....I assume that you have watched every Red Sox game that was possible for you or at least followed the game on line most nights, or digested every article you could get your hands on about the team, right? I mean, I've followed this team every year since 1978 and I know you aren't old enough to have been a fan that long but, you're a smart guy and if you tell me that you know all about Manny Ramirez and the Red Sox from the hundreds of articles that you have read, I would value your opinion. You are a Red Sox fan right?

I don't know as much about the Red Sox as you. I am a Mariners fan whose second favorite team is whoever is playing the Yankees.

However, I just don't think Boston would be better off without Manny, espicially if they don't get anything in return. His talent on the field just can't be replaced. That's all...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I don't know as much about the Red Sox as you. I am a Mariners fan whose second favorite team is whoever is playing the Yankees.

However, I just don't think Boston would be better off without Manny, espicially if they don't get anything in return. His talent on the field just can't be replaced. That's all...

The rumors are swirling that the Red Sox are trying to dump Ramirez's salary so they can work a deal with Texas to take A-Rod off their hands....I would call that replacing Manny.

The rumors are swirling that the Red Sox are trying to dump Ramirez's salary so they can work a deal with Texas to take A-Rod off their hands....I would call that replacing Manny.

I heard about that...I wonder what position he would play. Nomar has SS covered but I am sure they will be able to stick him somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom