Redskin fan here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskin fan here

Chrisbob

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what your thoughts are with regards to the possible trade that may happen between our two teams.

I have to say, if it is true that the Skins want to move up and it does happen, a lot of Skins fans aren't going to be happy. I don't think it's so much getting Edwards, more what they will have to pay and the lack of draft picks the team is left with over the next two seasons (no 2nd, 3rd and 5th this year, no 1st and 4th next year).

Also, what of thoughts about any players involved in a move up. Rod Gardener has been getting shopped for a while but I doubt his value is any more than a 3rd, more likely a 4th.

What off Santana Moss or Taylor Jacobs, would they be players the Phins would be interested in, or reverse tailback Ladell Betts?

With all the moves/rumours etc it is very hard to gauge what the Skins are trying to do and if they are trying to do anything in regards of a trade with the Phins, what the price will be.

What do you guys expect to get in a trade dow with the Skins if it happens?

Also, what of Ronnie Brown? I thought you guys were a lock to grab him (now that Smith seems certain to go to the Niners). I personally think Brown would be a great pick up for you guys.

Your two 1sts will not be enough. You will be adding another mid rounder (3rd/4th.. quite frankly I dont know what you have) and possibly even Gardner.

I really do prefer the Vikes deal to be honest.

I wouldnt mind trading with the Skins, you'll have to give us more than the 2 first rounders though. I could see us wanting Gardner, but I doubt we'd have much interest in the other players you mentioned. Id rather us trade with Tampa Bay or the Vikings though because then we'd still have a shot at one of the top 3 RBs. Guess we'll find out soon though

Dolfan1000 said:
Your two 1sts will not be enough. You will be adding another mid rounder (3rd/4th.. quite frankly I dont know what you have) and possibly even Gardner.

I really do prefer the Vikes deal to be honest.

So do I!!

I would rather the Skins stayed put and if possible, trade down from #9 a few spots and grab an extra 2nd rounder, allowing the Skins to add 3 players in the top 2 rounds instead of 1.

But, it seems they are determined to get Edwards.

I honestly feel Santana Moss is a part of this (possible) trade, just a hunch though.......

We dont want Moss- not because he is bad, but because he wants big money and we have two very good receivers in Chambers and Booker.

Not a chance.

Just to add, I don't know if you guys have seen this, the latest Washington Post article.

From that article:
Multiple sources who have spoken with teams picking in the top 10 believe that the Dolphins remain the Redskins' most likely trade partner, with Miami seeking to add numerous picks under new coach Nick Saban. However, the Redskins likely would not put a firm offer on the table until they could be assured that Edwards would be there, league sources said, and although sources close to quarterback Alex Smith believe he will be taken by San Francisco with the top pick, until that determination is final, any such deal would be on hold. The Redskins have not expressed interest in Smith, according to sources with knowledge of the situation, and appear to be focusing their efforts to trade up on Edwards. Washington's willingness to deal wide receiver Rod Gardner, a former No. 1 pick, could also help complete a deal.

I agree, the Skins two first rounders aren't going to be enough, gonna have to throw another pick in there. Also, I think it's quite obvious that everyone would prefer the Vikings deal. But I'd rather take a deal with the Skins instead of being stuck at 2.

I'm not as high on Edwards as some of you, just a gut feeling of mine, it's something about the guy. I love Ronnie Brown, but this team is more than one player away. Plus if we move down to 9 there is a pretty solid chance we could still nab either Cadillac or Cedric.

LIQUID24 said:
Do you think the Skins are open to trading Ramsey? Gibbs doesn't seem to be to high on him.

Well, when the Skins got #25 and lenny Fatboy over at ESPN wrote about them targetting Jason Campbell it has to at least be thought off.

All reports of Ramsey so far are that he working real hard and has been one of the busiest guys in the off season work out programmes. I love the guys attitude and toughness but there are doubts about whether he can take it to the next level.

At this point I would say it's unlikely, especially if the Skins deal both 1st rounders to move up somewhere for Edwards, but never say never.......

i agree that Santana would cost a lot of money, but man that would be hard to pass on cuz being a fan of the "U" i would like to see him on my team and it would be hard for me to pass on him and the two 1st rounders personally.

I would love both firsts and Santana Moss. I just dont see that happenign though. Ill tell you what why dont you send over your disgruntled players and your players that arent showing up for your mini camps and I will be just fine with that.

PhinsPhan said:
I would love both firsts and Santana Moss. I just dont see that happenign though. Ill tell you what why dont you send over your disgruntled players and your players that arent showing up for your mini camps and I will be just fine with that.

You want everyone bar Ramsey and Gibbs?
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom