Redskin fans view (Ramsey) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskin fans view (Ramsey)

Chrisbob

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hi again fellas...I posted here a few days back when the rumours about Brunnel going to the 'Skins surfaced.

Anyway, this place has gone Ramsey rumour crazy so i thought I'd throw in an outsiders view.

First off, a lot of 'Skins fans would be gutted if they lost Ramsey, he has endeared himself to us all with his toughness and attitude and impressed us with his play (at times).

Now, as to him being traded, it all depends, first off, the 'Skins don't do a thing until Brunnel is signed, sealed and delivered. Gibbs has spoke to Ramsey, Ramseys agent has (apparently) spoke to Snyder and both times Ramsey has been assured he has a future in DC, so it appears that these rumours are just that...rumours. I can't comment on if the Dolphins have offered their 1st pick, I wouldn't be surprised though and you can never rule anything out in the NFL.

With regards to Ramseys play....anyone who thinks this guy is just a slight notch above Jay Fielder hasn't seen Ramsey play too much (and I have seen both plenty of times). Ramsey has all the tools and intangiables you could want from a QB at this stage of a career, rocket arm, good leader, tough as nails, doesn't rag his teammates, a good student who watches film and never wants to stop learning...the only negatives I have against him is he can be "steaky" at times, blows hot and cold a bit, he seems to take time to get into games, and his ability to get though his reads (this is coachable, plus the O he played in nearly always had 5 reads as opposed to most others 3 at max, maybe 4) but most of his troubles have come from playing in a mickey mouse offense for the past two years.

In short, he is well worth a first rounder, I'm biased so I would want more, a 1st plus a 3rd next year that could become a conditional 2nd or 1st depending on starts. If you did get him you would not regret it! I say you have about a 20% chance at best, Gibbs will only trade him if we do get Brunnel and he gets his agent to winge and moan enough which may happen but I don't see it as it leaves us needing another QB (sort of makes getting Brunnel pointless as Gibbs wants 2 good QB's)and I don't see the point of getting Rivers or Henson if we already have a QB who is cheap (cap wise) and has more experience.

With the #5 pick in the draft the Skins would have a decent shot at Roethlisberger but knowing Skins fans as I do, they would be ultra-PO'd if the Skins traded for Brunell, traded away Ramsey, just to use that high first on another QB.

But one thing about Ramsey he took too many sacks in an offense that didn't protect him. Down here he would be faced with a similar situation. Interesting point that Spurrier's offense always had 4 or 5 checkdowns thats true...they may have been giving him too much to think about, making him fall into his old college ways of standing in the pocket to the last second.

In a way Ramsey was too tough for his own good, he needed to be coached tomplay smarter....Spurrier would give him 4 or 5 reads and Ramsey would try to get though them reads instead of giving up after 2 or 3 reads, throwing the ball away and not taking a sack or big hit.

When Gibbs came back I thought his style of O was taylor made for Ramsey, big on max protection and deep passing (Ramseys forte!).

Do you remember that one play toward the beginning of the year where Ramsey dropped back and was immediately hit by a LB or DE as soon as he got to like the 5th step of his 5 step drop, and he ducked and literally shoveled the guy over his head and behind him then immediately popped back up and belted one out to Laveraneous Coles who was open 30 yards down the right side?

THATS why I wouldn't mind Patrick Ramsey wearing Miami colors.

Thanks for the input Chrisbob!

I would LOVE to see us pick up Ramsey. With his experience and the quality play he has shown over the past few years, spending the #20 on him would be a no brainer. I'm with you though, I doubt it will happen.

My personal QB preference:
Manning
Roethlisberger
Ramsey

Rivers

Henson

Everyone else.

Ramsey

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Do you remember that one play toward the beginning of the year where Ramsey dropped back and was immediately hit by a LB or DE as soon as he got to like the 5th step of his 5 step drop, and he ducked and literally shoveled the guy over his head and behind him then immediately popped back up and belted one out to Laveraneous Coles who was open 30 yards down the right side?

THATS why I wouldn't mind Patrick Ramsey wearing Miami colors.

Yep...versus the Jets. (Week 1).

Remember how he got knocked out the gme against the Dolphins....trying to hard to make a play, should have gotten rid of the ball? Like I say, when he learns how to lose a down instead of his health he will be one of the top 5 QB's in the league.

With the #5 pick in the draft the Skins would have a decent shot at Roethlisberger but knowing Skins fans as I do, they would be ultra-PO'd if the Skins traded for Brunell, traded away Ramsey, just to use that high first on another QB.

actually from a business standpoint it would not be bad for the Skins..they give up a 2nd round pick and gain a 1st rpound pick.

Overall they would upgrade their draft, have Brunell as a starter and a young QB to learn (with their #5 pick).

It makes sense if the Skins targeted a player which would be projected to go in the late 1st round. You surely don't want to pick that guy up at #5 but the player might not be available anymore when their 2nd round pick would come up.

Originally posted by Chrisbob
Hi again fellas...I posted here a few days back when the rumours about Brunnel going to the 'Skins surfaced.

Anyway, this place has gone Ramsey rumour crazy so i thought I'd throw in an outsiders view.

First off, a lot of 'Skins fans would be gutted if they lost Ramsey, he has endeared himself to us all with his toughness and attitude and impressed us with his play (at times).

Now, as to him being traded, it all depends, first off, the 'Skins don't do a thing until Brunnel is signed, sealed and delivered. Gibbs has spoke to Ramsey, Ramseys agent has (apparently) spoke to Snyder and both times Ramsey has been assured he has a future in DC, so it appears that these rumours are just that...rumours. I can't comment on if the Dolphins have offered their 1st pick, I wouldn't be surprised though and you can never rule anything out in the NFL.

With regards to Ramseys play....anyone who thinks this guy is just a slight notch above Jay Fielder hasn't seen Ramsey play too much (and I have seen both plenty of times). Ramsey has all the tools and intangiables you could want from a QB at this stage of a career, rocket arm, good leader, tough as nails, doesn't rag his teammates, a good student who watches film and never wants to stop learning...the only negatives I have against him is he can be "steaky" at times, blows hot and cold a bit, he seems to take time to get into games, and his ability to get though his reads (this is coachable, plus the O he played in nearly always had 5 reads as opposed to most others 3 at max, maybe 4) but most of his troubles have come from playing in a mickey mouse offense for the past two years.

In short, he is well worth a first rounder, I'm biased so I would want more, a 1st plus a 3rd next year that could become a conditional 2nd or 1st depending on starts. If you did get him you would not regret it! I say you have about a 20% chance at best, Gibbs will only trade him if we do get Brunnel and he gets his agent to winge and moan enough which may happen but I don't see it as it leaves us needing another QB (sort of makes getting Brunnel pointless as Gibbs wants 2 good QB's)and I don't see the point of getting Rivers or Henson if we already have a QB who is cheap (cap wise) and has more experience.

Thanks for the inside...I have not seen Ramsey much..I think his limited action against us was the most extensive action I've seen. I have no idea where to stand on that guy.

But one thing about Ramsey he took too many sacks in an offense that didn't protect him. Down here he would be faced with a similar situation. Interesting point that Spurrier's offense always had 4 or 5 checkdowns thats true...they may have been giving him too much to think about, making him fall into his old college ways of standing in the pocket to the last second.

also, he was sacked a bunch more times, but he lost the ball only once more than stupid fee fee.

thanks for the input skins fan, i've been driving the ramsey bandwagon here and i'm hoping we can steal him from you

I'm pretty sure Spielman and Trestman know what they're getting in Patrick Ramsey.. If they feel giving up a 1st rounder for him or a 1st and 3rd rounder for him is worth it..

I say go for it..

Back
Top Bottom