Redskins are joining the fray

saban_era

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3556808

'Skins trying to move up to get Edwards

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

The Washington Redskins have already made one trade to get a first round pick and are now trying to make another move to get even higher in the opening stanza.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Redskins phoned teams in the top four on Wednesday, including the 49ers, who own the first pick, to inquire about moving up to one of the crown jewel selections of the draft. While the Redskins have not told teams who they covet, front office sources said they are trying to make a move for Michigan WR Braylon Edwards.

If they can beat a #7 and #18 along with another mid pick...The picks theirs. I dont think they can compete with that.

the currently hold #9 & #25 and then drop to the 4th round. Would their 2 first rounders be enough? Maybe they could throw in a player?

I just don't see them having enough ammunition to move up. If their intention was to move up to #2, they shouldn't have done the deal with Denver. I would have considered moving down to #9 for Washington's 2nd this year and 1st and 3rd next year. I value their 1st next year more than the #25 this year (since I don't think they will be much better next year).

jnewmant said:
i still say two first rounders and Arrington and the #2 is all theirs

Ha..Ya...Or Sean Taylor, seeing he's causing problems with not going to offseason training. That would work for me too.

Since they just traded there 2006 1st rounder do you want the 07'????

Arrington would kill the cap. Id take the two firsts and the 2nd next year. Myabe throw Rod Gardener in that too.

how about their
#9 and Jon Jansen and a next years no 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrington isnt worth the money he makes. The Skins defense was fine without him last year. He's a headache, so is Taylor. Neither one is a Saban/Belichek type player, they are looking out for #1. I dont want either one of them here in any trade.

I suggested the Lavar+9 trade a little while ago. That's enough compensation if you ask me. Lavar is only 26 and is JUST THAT GOOD. He can be the face of a defense by himself. His salary situation is a bit tricky.

Back
Top Bottom