Reference point: The possible trades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reference point: The possible trades

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
This is really just a reference point for me. Someone has probably already done this in a thread. I just have not seen it.

Miami Dolphins number two overall = 2600

Washington - They just don't have the firepower unless they go into next year.

9. 1350
25. 720
112. 70
183. 18.2
222. 2.6

total = 2160

I think Minnesota is not willing to give up the third round pick. Imagine the talk of giving up the best receiver in the game, two first rounders, and a third rounder for Napoleon Harris and Braylon Edwards. :lol:

7. 1500
18. 900
80. 190

Total = 2590

Tampa Bay - It takes their entire first day of the draft to move up three spots. I don't think it will happen.

5. 1700
36. 540
71. 235
91. 136

Total = 2611 points

It looks like any trade that could possibly be mentioned would involve picks from 2006 and/or a veteran player. I heard Pat Kirwan yesterday speak on the value of veterans such as Travis Henry, Pat Surtain, ect. He said if you add it all up their trade value usually equals the value of a second round pick.

I'd be willing to make the trade with the Vikings just for their 2 1st rounders. I know it's not an even trade but it might be good enough in this draft.

take one of the thirds out for tampa... we might accept just their second... it is high.

phinfan2003 said:
I'd be willing to make the trade with the Vikings just for their 2 1st rounders. I know it's not an even trade but it might be good enough in this draft.

I don't mean to be controversial here. I just want to exclamate a point with this response.

With that trade you would come into the league in your first year as head coach and establish that you are a sucker. Your phone would ring every year.

I,ll take the Vikings #7 this year and their #2 this year and their # 1 next year. If they don,t like that they can go fish. I still say the most likely partner is TB. They can move up three spots with a small amount of ammo.

phinfan2003 said:

I honestly think this is the trade thats going to happen. IMO the negative vibes from the Vikes camp over the last 24 hours, is just posturing on their part to lower down the price tag so they dont have to give up any additional picks.

If Edwards is on the board at two tomorrow, this trade will go down imo.

Let it ring!! J/k

I don't think we are looking for perfect value, but I think the vikings would have to do two firsts and like 4th and tampa would have to do First and second this year and first next..

Surferosa said:
I honestly think this is the trade thats going to happen. IMO the negative vibes from the Vikes camp over the last 24 hours, is just posturing on their part to lower down the price tag so they dont have to give up any additional picks.

If Edwards is on the board at two tomorrow, this trade will go down imo.

I don't think Saban will budge.

He will not budge on the second rounder for Surtain. He will not budge on the value of the number two overall.

Spielman on the other hand..........I like him but that deal would have been done two weeks ago. :lol:

I should mention another thought I've had.......

If there is a way we can get into Tampa's number 5 overall, there is a team I think would like to have it for Mike Williams.

Number 5 overall = 1700

San Diego -

12. 1200
28. 660

ZOD said:
I don't mean to be controversial here. I just want to exclamate a point with this response.

With that trade you would come into the league in your first year as head coach and establish that you are a sucker. Your phone would ring every year.
So?

What you do one year doesn't have to effect what you do in another year.

Every year the talent is different and every year the value chart needs to be adjusted to compensate for that.

ZOD said:

And, you may have a hard time getting value on future trades.

Personally, I think the trade charts are over-rated. But, your summary is useful and illustrates precisely why I've been saying (with much disagreement) that a trade is very unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

inFINSible said:
So?

What you do one year doesn't have to effect what you do in another year.

Every year the talent is different and every year the value chart needs to be adjusted to compensate for that.

I just think the man would like to establish that he is not a BS artist. I don't think he wants to be "a wheeler and a dealer".

I think it's the image that he would like to portray of this team.

In other words - "We mean what we say. We do what we say."

If all these reports for trades are correct, his price hasn't been matched.

Trading the pick? The Dolphins are interested in trading the second pick of the draft, but a partner could be hard to find. Saban said Miami will adhere closely to the "value chart" that most teams use on draft day.

So if the writer was accurate in that description, Gil Brandt has let it be known the value chart that most teams "adhere" to. And it hasn't fluctuated in years!! ;)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8358748

ZOD said:
This is really just a reference point for me. Someone has probably already done this in a thread. I just have not seen it.

Miami Dolphins number two overall = 2600

Washington - They just don't have the firepower unless they go into next year.

9. 1350
25. 720
112. 70
183. 18.2
222. 2.6

total = 2160

It depends on what Rod Gardner is valued as. 2070 points + Gardner probably doesn't quite equal 2600. Figure Gardner's worth 350 points or so, that puts us at 2420. Given the subjective value of players and the relative weakness of the draft, I think that's good enough.

I think Minnesota is not willing to give up the third round pick. Imagine the talk of giving up the best receiver in the game, two first rounders, and a third rounder for Napoleon Harris and Braylon Edwards. :lol:

See, here's the problem with that thinking: it's not true. The Vikes didn't give up Randy Moss for Napoleon Harris and the #7 pick, they gave up Moss for Napoleon Harris, the #7 pick...and Darren Sharper, Pat Williams and Fred Smoot. By dumping Moss's fat contract, they got the flexibility to go after those guys in free agenct. The furor around the fact that they didn't get enough for Moss has overshadowed the fact that the Vikes have done a fantastic job this offseason, which wouldn't have been possible with Moss around.

Tampa Bay - It takes their entire first day of the draft to move up three spots. I don't think it will happen.

5. 1700
36. 540
71. 235
91. 136

Total = 2611 points

Again, this depends on how stringently we're following the chart. Personally, I think that 2475 points is good enough to make the deal, given the weakness at the top of the draft, especially if you account for Alex Smith's (TB's presumed target if they're moving up) outrageous contract demands.

ZOD said:
I just think the man would like to establish that he is not a BS artist. I don't think he wants to be "a wheeler and a dealer".

I think it's the image that he would like to portray of this team.

In other words - "We mean what we say. We do what we say."

If all these reports for trades are correct, his price hasn't been matched.

I understand that but, he can't let other's perceptions shape the way he improves the team. If there is a chance to pick up extra draft picks and still get comparable value he HAS to do it. It's about improvong THIS team not keeping up appearances.

If team's want to look at that as being an easy mark, more power to them when they come to The Dolphins with ridiculous trade offers. I'm sure they'll get laughed at a few times and then get the message that we are going to do what's best for THE MIAMI DOLPHINS always.

One year that may mean, taking what we can get, and another year that may mean taking what we want. Each year is autonomous and should be treated as such, IMO.

Damn fine points Phunwin. :up:

Okay INFINS.... You used a big word (autonomous). Assuming you got the spelling right, I'm not talking to you anymore about this. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom