Regardless of who is the coach next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Regardless of who is the coach next year

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
to improve our offense we have to let players go on defense....

So, to all our FA, cap and draft experts how would we do this?

Which player is tradeable on defense (exchangeable and cap wise)? Who will be a FA and should let go?

CLUMP...get that cap book out and help your "fellow" dolfans out....

:lol:

FFIB, that has always been my pt w/regard to our O: you get what you pay for. Obviously, we do not get what we pay for from our D. I assume that our D is the highest paid in the NFL by lots, but I c/b wrong.

I w/think Tim Bo and Marion was likely cap casualties who c/come back. I feel bad for Tim Bo since we need him, but you have to cut somewhere. The big 5 on D salary wise are JT, Pat, Zach, Sam and Jr. I can only see us letting Sam and maybe Jr go but not sure how bad that kills us on the cap.

Originally posted by dolphan39
FFIB, that has always been my pt w/regard to our O: you get what you pay for. Obviously, we do not get what we pay for from our D. I assume that our D is the highest paid in the NFL by lots, but I c/b wrong.

I w/think Tim Bo and Marion was likely cap casualties who c/come back. I feel bad for Tim Bo since we need him, but you have to cut somewhere. The big 5 on D salary wise are JT, Pat, Zach, Sam and Jr. I can only see us letting Sam and maybe Jr go but not sure how bad that kills us on the cap.

no doubt that was always my contention that if you pay 75% of your cap to D this will be your strength...or should be.

I see names thrown out like Warner or Brunell but did anybody consider how much money they ask for?
And if we get a QB we still haven't addressed our receivers, special teams, OL etc.

A bonfide starting QB is looking at 3 to 4 mill per year....heck we already pay our backup 2 mill.

Didn't we already talk about this? A list was given out about the players who would prolly get cut. Madison, Marion, Bowens. For a change I'd like to be like Kansas City. Have a fantastic offense complimented by a crap defense. least we'll score 35 a game :goof:

Originally posted by SmokeyPhinz
Didn't we already talk about this? A list was given out about the players who would prolly get cut. Madison, Marion, Bowens. For a change I'd like to be like Kansas City. Have a fantastic offense complimented by a crap defense. least we'll score 35 a game :goof:

But noting what players is one thing....looking at the cap situation and possible dead $$$$ is another.....

Originally posted by FFiB

no doubt that was always my contention that if you pay 75% of your cap to D this will be your strength...or should be.

I see names thrown out like Warner or Brunell but did anybody consider how much money they ask for?
And if we get a QB we still haven't addressed our receivers, special teams, OL etc.

A bonfide starting QB is looking at 3 to 4 mill per year....heck we already pay our backup 2 mill.

Well if we look at the flip side to the disaster this season turned into, we could say with the team they had we all had high expectations so a few positive additions may be all that is needed (I don't know if I believe this but).

Lets look at some of the losses:

Texans - Maybe a Brunell, Warner doesn't throw that Int at the end of the game and instead gets a first down.

Patriots - Again Maybe a a few upgraded players and the game doesn't come down to a missed FG.

Colts - One OL and a mobile QB and again maybe they score that tying TD.

Titans - Just plain got beat

Patriots - More Mental Errors then talent.

Eagles - The major blame goes on the D for this one but you have to expect that each unit is going to have bad games, even with as bad as they played they were still in the game.

So even if we take the first 3 that changes the record from 8-6 to 11-3. These 3 losses were a matter of just a few players making mistakes and if they can upgrade those spots then maybe an overhaul isn't necessary.

Only high priced defensive player who won't be back at nearly the high price tag is Sam Madison.

Originally posted by SmokeyPhinz
We had that in the late 80s and it was extremely painful. We need a leader who can focus the skill on the team not turn it intro an imbalanced offensive jugernaut.

Back
Top Bottom