Reggie Bush, On Why Miami Dolphins Struggle: “no Accountability” | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Bush, On Why Miami Dolphins Struggle: “no Accountability”

2 words. Mike Tannenbaum. He destroyed the Jets after going to back to back AFC Championship games and now he destroyed my Dolphins

I thought it was Ireland at that time??? give me a break, we haven't hit on a coach or a QB so if Grier wants to break the mold please make at least one of those two hits.

I didn’t recall that they took him out on passing downs. I thought he was a good receiver in NO? He trashed every team he played for except for the Saints. I found that a little odd.
Correct, he was a good receiver in New Orleans … and it was a bit of a shock that he had bad hands in Miami. The reason? He didn't do many reps catching balls or running routes. In New Orleans they made him do them … in Miami we gave him practice running, and he just didn't do the extra work to keep in practice as a receiver. I was excited about him as a receiver in fact, and perplexed that we didn't use him almost at all in the passing pattern early. Then when we started using him he wasn't very good, and I was hoping he would shake the rust off … but he never really did.

Leaders hold others accountable and it seems Miami has lacked leadership at every level of the organization from owner to front office to coaches to players.

2 words. Mike Tannenbaum. He destroyed the Jets after going to back to back AFC Championship games and now he destroyed my Dolphins

This goes back well before Mike Tannenbaum got here. This has been a problem since Jimmy Johnson left.

Last edited:
My recollection was he ran between the tackles all the time when fans wanted him on the edge. I don't know if it was by design or his decision.

It's easy for a player who was pushed out to blame the coach. He may be right, but regardless, it's not surprising to hear. I liked Reggie Bush … but he came to Miami as a good receiver out of the backfield and he never put in the reps necessary to be that in Miami. His running was fine, but we couldn't open holes for him and he was constantly hit in the backfield. But if he had maxed out his effort, he would have been a LOT better in the passing game both in pass protection and in running patterns. He had hands of stone here in Miami, and that's not on the QB or the coach.

Perhaps he wasn't held accountable, and everything Reggie is saying is true. But that doesn't change the fact that he didn't put in the effort to be great. I wish he had, because he was a very gifted runner and a lot of fun to watch.
His best days were behind him when he got here. He was a serviceable back, but, IMO was always over rated. He excelled collegiately, because he was always slightly quicker than college players. Not so much at the professional level. Not what you imagine when picturing a Heisman winning RB.

no accountability from ownership when it comes time to make the tough decisions and hand people their pink slips....instead he splits the regime into scapegoats and innocent parties, the scapegoats get fired and the people cleared of blame get to stay and even get promoted.

The part that scares me about Grier is that he's been here twenty years and no other team has requested to interview him as far as i know. Now Ross is handing him power that only a select few in the NFL have over a team.

“Accountability” is such an empty answer and shows he is making up answers and is ill prepared to be on tv.

“Accountability” is such an empty answer and shows he is making up answers and is ill prepared to be on tv.

2sowzy.jpg

The Dolphins have zero identity .We stock players depending on what's trending in the league not for a specific scheme. Are we a running team or a screen happy short passing game team. Are we a TE first everybody else later or a big time number one receiver offense. Who knows because we have players to support all of those .

The Dolphins have zero identity .We stock players depending on what's trending in the league not for a specific scheme. Are we a running team or a screen happy short passing game team. Are we a TE first everybody else later or a big time number one receiver offense. Who knows because we have players to support all of those .

Yes.

I agree w Bush he is right when come to dolphins. hiring terrible coach, terrible GM # avg team

His best days were behind him when he got here. He was a serviceable back, but, IMO was always over rated. He excelled collegiately, because he was always slightly quicker than college players. Not so much at the professional level. Not what you imagine when picturing a Heisman winning RB.
True, he wasn't at his peak when he played here. Still, I expected more out of him in the passing game, and would have liked to see what he could have accomplished if we could consistently open some run lanes and put him into the secondary. He had that one mazy run (against the Raiders?) where he juked the entire defense … I'm still amazed by that run, and it wasn't for that many yards.

Back
Top Bottom