Reggie Howard 4th String???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Howard 4th String????

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
I found this on ESPN Insider...
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2095395&CMP=ILC-INHEAD&univLogin02=stateChanged

• We hear Dolphins fourth-string cornerback Reggie Howard, a disappointment after signing a big free-agent contract in 2004, turned down a request by Miami to restructure his contract. Barring a much-improved performance in '05, Howard likely is playing his last season with the Dolphins.

Is Reggie really 4th string?? I thought he and Daniels would be competeing for the 2nd spot with the loser playin in the nickel. Is Saban just really not impressed by him or what??

Nasty

Mario Edwards has impressed Saban thus far... and Daniels has also done well.

So has Reggie fallen out of favor with Saban?

Nasty

Howard would be the 5th CB if Poole weren't injured.

finsnchips said:
Mario Edwards has impressed Saban thus far... and Daniels has also done well.

WOW! Mario Edwards is horrible.I hope he's not doing better then Howard or else Howard really sucks.

IMO Howard was awful last year. Whenever I saw him on the field he was getting beat. I really think Daniels has to step up or we need another CB. The Poole injury is going to hurt us more than a lot of people originally thought.

Madison and Daniels are our starting corners and at this time I really hope Alphonso Roundtree can step up and play nickel, we really need Poole back

Relax it isn't even TC time yet. I am sure that before the season starts, Howard will be either our starting guy or the 3rd guy. But if he does end up being the 4th guy, then we should just cut him because he shouldn't be making alot of money at being the #4.

Nasty said:
So has Reggie fallen out of favor with Saban?

Nasty

not completely out but if he keeps it up he will deff. be putting himself in a bad position, he better step his game up

DolFan31 said:
Is Poole still out for the year?

He will likely be put on the PUP list at the start of the season. He MIGHT be able to play the last couple of guys, but i doubt that he will.

Does Howard not "fit" the new defensive system? I hope the safety positions are not going to be a problem this year. I think Poole was really going to begin to develop this year and really improve since his first training camp... hopefully he comes around quicker than what people are saying.

Back
Top Bottom