Reggie Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Howard

simbaboxer

Postive Realist
Reaction score
Has anybody else heard about the Fins asking Howard to take a paycut. I thought I read that rumour somewhere.....:confused:

I wouldn't hold it against the dolphins to ask him for a paycut this guy was Subpar last year. Infact both Carolina guys really let us down last year. On the NFL network they showed Jeno getting thrown to the ground easily. They were all laughing saying how horrible our line was.

It's pretty obvious we overpaid for both of them. It's hard to say if Jeno was even better than John St. Clair last year. Howard wasn't even better than Poole. I actually would have been happy if Saban had cut both but their cap penalties would have hurt us. Call me crazy but I like our line more with

LT- St. Clair
LG- Vernon Carey
C- Wade Smith
RG- Damion McIntosh
RT- McDougle

Would take a while to gel, but physically much better than last year's line.

Jaj said:
It's pretty obvious we overpaid for both of them. It's hard to say if Jeno was even better than John St. Clair last year. Howard wasn't even better than Poole. I actually would have been happy if Saban had cut both but their cap penalties would have hurt us. Call me crazy but I like our line more with

LT- St. Clair
LG- Vernon Carey
C- Wade Smith
RG- Damion McIntosh
RT- McDougle

I wouldnt mind that but Mac has 0 experience at G and Carey's really a T and not a G. St Clair has G experience i believe.

Ya it's all physical talent I'm speaking about with that line.

Jaj said:
Ya it's all physical talent I'm speaking about with that line.
Ok then. As long as i dont see McKinney anywhere I can care less. I was just pointing that stuff out :cooldude:

What did we pay for Howard? If I remember correctly, we only gave him a $4.5 million bonus. Is that correct?

Jaj said:

LT- St. Clair
LG- Vernon Carey
C- Wade Smith
RG- Damion McIntosh
RT- McDougle

You're crazy - that line is crap.

I hate St Clair he is so overrated because he did alrite on a crap line last year. I would cry if I saw St Clair line up at LT for us.

Boik14 said:
I wouldnt mind that but Mac has 0 experience at G and Carey's really a T and not a G. St Clair has G experience i believe.

Mac started out as a guard Seatle but later switch to tackle.

howard better take a paycut, especially if he gets dropped to the nickel back, correct me if im wrong but didnt he get like a 25million dollar deal, thats ridiculous

I hope that we try to get Reggie Howard to take a pay cut. We vastly overpaid him, and if worse comes to worse we might have to end up releasing him... (I'm not saying we should, I'm saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen maybe as early as June 1st.

simbaboxer said:
Has anybody else heard about the Fins asking Howard to take a paycut. I thought I read that rumour somewhere.....:confused:

Yes they did ask him to. We did overpay for both carolina players, however Howard is more of a zone CB and last year he was playing nickel. This year however, I expect him to do a lot better in Saban's more zone coverage schemes. Howard is more of a zone CB than Poole IMO.

Jaj said:

LT- St. Clair
LG- Vernon Carey
C- Wade Smith
RG- Damion McIntosh
RT- McDougle

Wow, that lineup is pretty out there I must say. I agree with you that we overpaid Reggie Howard and Jeno James, and if we do release James, I expect out O-line to vastly change. I also understand it requires less talent to play G as opposed to T (in most cases). I'm not opposed to Vernon Carey playing G (I think he would be better suited as a G actually, and McIntosh would not so be bad off at G... the only thing I would change is switch Carey to RG and McIntosh to LG. I'm hoping Wade Smith or Rex Hadnot will be our starting center, McDougle should be a lock at RT in my opinion. The biggest question mark has to be LT, I'm not that confident in St. Clair playing LT which is argueably the most important position on the O-line. I would be more confident with St. Clair at RT but that spot seems to filled with McDougle, do you really think St. Clair would be good enough to play LT for us? Hudson Houck is going to be determining all of these changes and who's best suited where, and I trust his judgement but until than we all will try predicting what we think our O-line is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom