Reigning CFL Defensive MVP turning down further workout requests after great showing for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reigning CFL Defensive MVP turning down further workout requests after great showing for Dolphins

I hope this kid is can stay sober. I believe in second chances. Hopefully this works out. Josh Gordon buddy, not good.

College career[edit]
He started his career as a wide receiver at Baylor University but was kicked off of the team after he and teammate Josh Gordon were found asleep in Jefferson's car at a local Taco Bell with marijuana in the car. Jefferson, who was driving, was kicked off the team due to it being his second violation.

Professional career[edit]
Houston Texans[edit]
On April 27, 2013, he signed with the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft.[3]

The Texans released Jefferson, along with two others players, on October 21 for unspecified violations of team rules prior to a game in Kansas City.

Us watching the CFL knew Cam Wake was a stud.

Yeah, sure. If you say so. Easy to say in hindsight.
But go back and re-read the threads from 2009 and find someone that predicted the type of impact he had.

Yeah, sure. If you say so. Easy to say in hindsight.
But go back and re-read the threads from 2009 and find someone that predicted the type of impact he had.

okaaaaay.....im not here to convince you im just saying Jefferson has not been even close to as dominant in the CFL as Wake was.

He seems to have a history of marijuana use and that has caused him problems when he was at Baylor and after he signed with the Texans as an undrafted free agent. While I personally have no problem with someone over 21 using marijuana, it is still against league policy in the NFL.

I don’t know what the policy in the CFL is in regards to the use of marijuana but since it is legal to use marijuana throughout Canada, I guess the players in the CFL are not tested for marijuana.

He appears to be worth a look in training camp and hopefully his marijuana days are behind him until at least he is finished in the NFL.

okaaaaay.....im not here to convince you im just saying Jefferson has not been even close to as dominant in the CFL as Wake was.

And I'm telling you. That. Does. Not. Matter.

It doesn't unequivocally mean he can't develop and be just as impactful. Or more.

I'm not saying he will. Just saying that your reasoning against is flawed.

How many QB's were more 'dominant' in college than Tom Brady??? Did any of it matter? How many pass rushers were more dominant in college than Cam Wake that never came close to the same impact in the NFL?

And I'm telling you. That. Does. Not. Matter.

It doesn't unequivocally mean he can't develop and be just as impactful. Or more.

I'm not saying he will. Just saying that your reasoning against is flawed.

How many QB's were more 'dominant' in college than Tom Brady??? Did any of it matter? How many pass rushers were more dominant in college than Cam Wake that never came close to the same impact in the NFL?
lol ok

He seems to have a history of marijuana use and that has caused him problems when he was at Baylor and after he signed with the Texans as an undrafted free agent. While I personally have no problem with someone over 21 using marijuana, it is still against league policy in the NFL.

I don’t know what the policy in the CFL is in regards to the use of marijuana but since it is legal to use marijuana throughout Canada, I guess the players in the CFL are not tested for marijuana.

He appears to be worth a look in training camp and hopefully his marijuana days are behind him until at least he is finished in the NFL.
they are tested. Its a banned substance in the CFL

Thanks, I wasn’t sure what the policy is in the CFL. Hopefully that means he has matured enough to understand he can’t use marijuana while playing professional football.

i hope so too, getting caught smoking weed is a pretty lame way to screw your NFL career

Mack Moore, Cam Wake and now, hopefully this guy. Good!

Back
Top Bottom