Reigning CFL Defensive MVP turning down further workout requests after great showing for Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reigning CFL Defensive MVP turning down further workout requests after great showing for Dolphins

He seems to have a history of marijuana use and that has caused him problems when he was at Baylor and after he signed with the Texans as an undrafted free agent. While I personally have no problem with someone over 21 using marijuana, it is still against league policy in the NFL.

I don’t know what the policy in the CFL is in regards to the use of marijuana but since it is legal to use marijuana throughout Canada, I guess the players in the CFL are not tested for marijuana.

He appears to be worth a look in training camp and hopefully his marijuana days are behind him until at least he is finished in the NFL.
relax - the league’ll be revisiting the “weed” issue this offseason and on into the CBA negotiations if not resolved before next camp.. expect a revised use provision being approved

I watched his highlights when we first brought him in for a workout and came out of it impressed by 2 things. The sheer amount of passes he bats down is unreal and the length of his arms is damn near supernatural. I'd wager he can touch his knees without bending over.

Here's to hoping he can be a solid player for us!

I don't know if he's as talented as Cam was. But if Brian Flores and crew are as good as we are hoping, he will have much better coaching than Cam had.

As a CFL fan I would not compare him to Wake who dominated the CFL unlike any player I’ve ever seen. Jefferson is different with that height. Very explosive nonetheless and I’m curious where Miami would see him in their defence.
Didn’t Cam win DMVP the two years he was there?

6'7 248 does that feel lite to anyone else? McMillian is 245ish and is 6'2, AVG is 250ish and is 6'4. Any way Miami ask him to put on 20 lbs and be more of a pass rushing 3 technique who clogs passing lanes with his reach.

One thing I always like to mention with CFL pass rushers is they start with an inherent disadvantage because they start I believe with a minimum of 1 yard separation for O-linemen. So they can anchor prior to being engaged. If he is that quick off he snap he could develop well being able to be right on top of his competition.

where else would he have as clear a path to starting?

miami is the best scenario for him

I watched his highlights when we first brought him in for a workout and came out of it impressed by 2 things. The sheer amount of passes he bats down is unreal and the length of his arms is damn near supernatural. I'd wager he can touch his knees without bending over.

Here's to hoping he can be a solid player for us!

So true about that arm length!

Looks kinda freaky in fact!

If he gets within 2 yards of the QB he should be able to grab 'em!

So true about that arm length!

Looks kinda freaky in fact!

If he gets within 2 yards of the QB he should be able to grab 'em!
Yea you can see that in some videos, the RT tries to walk him past the QB but his arm length let's him disrupt the QB anyway.

He had 16 PDs this season btw, I knew it had to be crazy high.

Back
Top Bottom