Relax | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Relax

Paratrooper

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have been a Dolphin fan since 1972. We always were competitive and played hard because of Shula and the way he coached. Since then, no one has come close to duplicating his success. The NFL has changed, no longer is the Head Coach drafting , cutting and getting players for the long haul. There has to be synergy between the Owner, Coach and General manager to be successful. The Dolphins are where they are now because of Desperation. Ross is 80 plus and wants a Champion now (F the future), Grier is trying to save his job (F the future), Flores is young and is trying to coach a team while trying to appease both (F the future). Players feel the distrust and backside dealing. Until it gets fixed, be prepared for a long season/years. Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or Dan Marino (in his prime) could not QB the team out of this **** until there is direction for the entire organization. ... P.S. In my last post I said that Elandon Roberts should be replaced at MLB. His backup , Calvin Munson got picked off the practice squad by New England yesterday.

Last edited:
200.gif

If I wanted to relax, I'd be a Jill's fan these days. Since that will never, never happen I'll be livid. Seriously though, the only time I've been outwardly mad at this team this year is the Patriot game. I know we won, but watching the state of the team that day after the 2020 10-6 season gave me no reassurance that this would be a great year. The current events with Tua/ Watson **** show gives me no confidence in this team going forward.

I have been a Dolphin fan since 1972. We always were competitive and played hard because of Shula and the way he coached. Since then, no one has come close to duplicating his success. The NFL has changed, no longer is the Head Coach drafting , cutting and getting players for the long haul. There has to be synergy between the Owner, Coach and General manager to be successful. The Dolphins are where they are now because of Desperation. Ross is 80 plus and wants a Champion now (F the future), Grier is trying to save his job (F the future), Flores is young and is trying to coach a team while trying to appease both (F the future). Players feel the distrust and backside dealing. Until it gets fixed, be prepared for a long season/years. Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or Dan Marino (in his prime) could not QB the team out of this **** until there is direction for the entire organization. ... P.S. In my last post I said that Elandon Roberts should be replaced at MLB. His backup , Calvin Munson got picked off the practice squad by New England yesterday.
S*** man I didn't realize you were new. Sorry if I came off harsh. Just how the site can get sometimes.

Were all a little testy due all the rumors and record ect.

You do realize Joe Thomas and Bobby Beathard picked players during the Dolphins hey day, not Shula. As much as I loved Coach Shula (RIP), the drafts with him in charge were mixed in success. For every Dan Marino picked, there was a Jackie Shipp.

I know I'm in the minority but I still believe Flores will be a very good coach. I believe the problem is with the owner and GM in that order.

You do realize Joe Thomas and Bobby Beathard picked players during the Dolphins hey day, not Shula. As much as I loved Coach Shula (RIP), the drafts with him in charge were mixed in success. For every Dan Marino picked, there was a Jackie Shipp.
I totally agree. When the GM’s were in charge of the drafts for the Dolphins, the teams were much better than when Shula was in charge of the draft. The best teams in the early 1970’s were players Joe Thomas drafted and Shula inherited when he came over from the Colts.

As a HC Shula was great. As the man responsible for drafting the players later in his career, not so much.

ACCC5617-EDFB-497C-AFE5-07B33D04EE4A.jpeg

Isn’t that what Frankie said on his way to hollywood? Welcome to FH.

I totally agree. When the GM’s were in charge of the drafts for the Dolphins, the teams were much better than when Shula was in charge of the draft. The best teams in the early 1970’s were players Joe Thomas drafted and Shula inherited when he came over from the Colts.

As a HC Shula was great. As the man responsible for drafting the players later in his career, not so much.
Shula as much as I liked him had some terrible drafts.......there was an 8 year span where we got NOTHING from our first round picks.

I guess I didn't make my point. I meant that it seemed like Shula and the General Managers were more in sync on decisions when drafting and trading for players.

Back
Top Bottom