Releasing Kyle Van Noy? | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Releasing Kyle Van Noy?

Golly do some folks still have an agenda to attack our FO?

It's always negative and never positive.

Like that Tunsil trade -- that was a total loser!

Plus, I'm pretty sure, when KVN was signed no one was anticipating a pandemic + salary cap crash etc.

Effing Grier should have seen that COVID **** coming!

:rolleyes:

I can sort of understand attacking moves on offense. But if there is one unit this FO should get some credit and trust on then it's defense. This team was bottom of the league last year on defense and the following year ranked as high as #1 and finished in the top 7 etc.

"Quoting PFF rankings as the baseline for your argument completely invalidates your position."

Watching the game with my two eyes is my baseline. Scouting websites such as PFF and SIS data hub provide insight and help back up an already formed opinion. I've brought factual information to the conversation and looked at the money in a realistic manner. Don't like PFFs grades? Fine. How about being targeted 10 times in coverage, giving up 9 catches for a 90% completion rate? Maybe 13 broken tackles in 13 games starts to paint a better picture? He didn't perform at contract level. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great.

"KVN was never going to be a backup here with that pay and that language providing an easy cheap out."
Yeah, sure that would have been a masterclass too, except you conveniently forget the player has to agree to the deal too. Pretty hard to beat 4 million in dead cap space in year 2 with no other cap ramifications for one of the top 8 defensive free agents from 2019.

"The fact $4.1M is dead shows this was not the plan."

No, it was just an option the FO wanted to have in their back pockets in case this exact scenario happened. Luckily they did and it cost the team very little and in the end will save more.

"PFF also doesn't score locker room chemistry."

The teams culture will dictate the chemistry here. Young guys like Wilkins will step into the voids. Don't sell Flores short.
#1 - Eyeball test certainly does matter the most but it's about who's eyeball we are talking about.

Have you never watched a cop show? The lead detective follows his initial "gut instinct" and then proceeds to position evidence as it comes to support his initial hypothesis instead of objectively viewing the evidence as one should. You end up trying to find ways to "fit your narrative" versus the reason you are here - to solve the crime.

"Help back up an already formed opinion" IE - If you are down on a player and PFF grades them poorly you feel "justified" with your evaluation. Using the evidence to fit your narrative.

Anyone who would pride themselves on having a working knowledge of the game and a good eyeball could easily find far more circumstances where PFF hands out an asinine grade on a clearly improving or established player.

It's a shared opinion of many who actually understand evaluation and x's and o's that PFF is straight trash homie.

What is the purpose to quote his coverage numbers? That is not even the ask.

I have said numerous times we significantly overpaid for him. And we did this understanding the exact player he was and where he could help (toughness, versatility, edge setting, some pass rush, leadership, etc).

He gave us what he was expected to give. We overpaid with this understanding in mind. Now he is a cap casualty because of one reason - $180M total cap.

#2 - You legit are quoting yourself LMAO.

#3 - If the FO wanted a clean out after year 2 then they would have front loaded his deal even more. We had ample cap to do so. So again, you are wrong as this was "not the plan all along" like you and the other kool aid drunkards would like you to believe.

#4 - We better hope somebody fing steps into the leadership void.

Teams know the Dolphins are going to release him and he really isn’t worth the salary he is scheduled to earn next year. So I will be surprised if the Dolphins are actually able to trade him. Paying part of his salary makes no sense unless it means they can get at least a third round pick in the trade and I just don’t see that happening.

That's why they are talking about paying part of the salary in exchange for a draft pick. It's been done before and would most likely be the only way to get a trade. It still won't be easy, though
Well, they could pay 3 million of it and it would be a wash. They are paying that anyway it appears.

Part of the cap hit is ammortized signing bonus, but its only a little over a million.

That's why they are talking about paying part of the salary in exchange for a draft pick. It's been done before and would most likely be the only way to get a trade. It still won't be easy, though

The base is too high. I think 9 million is the max base a team would wanna take on (and that is shaky). It's currently at 12.5. For 3.5 million I think Miami would jump at a 5th. They got AVG in that round and it has been their most successful day 3 round over the years.

The idea is that you can get a 4 year contributor for 3.5 million.

That said this year it won't happen. Not for a fair value like a 5th.

I haven't heard it mentioned, but last month when it was reported that a defensive vet was quetioning why Tua played the Bills game over Fitz I could see Van Noy being that player. Coming from New England I could see Van Noy thinking when you're in a must win situation you should play the experienced vet qb after all his years playing with Brady. If it was Van Noy that voiced his opinion to the media maybe it ruffled feathers in the front office.

I haven't heard it mentioned, but last month when it was reported that a defensive vet was quetioning why Tua played the Bills game over Fitz I could see Van Noy being that player. Coming from New England I could see Van Noy thinking when you're in a must win situation you should play the experienced vet qb after all his years playing with Brady. If it was Van Noy that voiced his opinion to the media maybe it ruffled feathers in the front office.
That's nonsense. Wasn't Fitz in Covid protocol for that game, or do you think that was a charade?

I don't think it made a damn bit of difference in the outcome of that game. When the defense gets lit up like that, it isn't a final nail in the coffin, it's the last shovel of dirt on the top of the grave.

I don't see that being KVN based on all we've seen/heard from and about him during his NFL career. By all accounts, he seems like the ultimate team guy and locker room presence.

I highly doubt the decision to part with him has anything to do with anything personal.

Back
Top Bottom