Remember Chad Hutchinson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember Chad Hutchinson

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Back around Thanksgiving when Chad was thinking about being a QB and not a pitcher, RHoffman wrote: Pursuing Hutchinson a Must . While getting Hutchinson seemed like a plan to get a potential high quality starter even before we knew Norv was coming, did anyoone think that he would be starting for a team in Sept:

They won't quite come out and say it publicly, but the Cowboys are raving about what they saw last week from rookie quarterback Chad Hutchinson. After four years playing professional baseball, Hutchinson was impressive in his first minicamp, giving some in Dallas the idea he could conceivably beat out Quincy Carter for the starting job. It wasn't that Carter looked bad -- because he was also impressive -- it's just that Hutchinson has those prototype skills that Troy Aikman had when he led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl victories. Hutchinson made all the throws during the camp, which is what the Cowboys had hoped. At 6-feet-4, he is a pocket passer with a quick release. If either Hutchinson or Carter can become a legitimate starter, the Cowboys could be the surprise of the league. Whoever starts will have a nice new weapon to throw to in rookie receiver Antonio Bryant. He was impressive at the rookie camp and showed the ability to run routes with precision. The coaching staff raved about him. He will prove to be a second-round steal. They are already comparing Bryant to former Cowboys Michael Irvin, a player Bryant idolized as a kid.

from http://www.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5319055,00.html

I like Jay (and this is not about) and the paid more unproven Chad than we paid for 22-10 Jay, but looks the Miami FO knew that having Chad in was worthwhile, they just did not pursue it any further.

They should have done whatever it took to get this guy in here. A big, strong armed, drop back passer who can make all the throws, but Miami would rather overpay to keep the stiffs we have.

Yeah he got a 6mill 4 year deal, with a chance to get a lot more if he works his way to the starting role. Thats a lot of cap room for a guy that hasn't thrown a football in 4 years. JJ is known for taking these risks and no one will batt an eye if it works out or not, they will say "oh thats Jerry for ya". If Dave took a risk like that for the team that once had #13 as its qb he would be thrown out of town if Chad didn't win a SB in 2 years.

Giving Chad Hutchinson $6 million over 4 years is a lot better than giving Jay Fiedler $6 million over 2 years, which is what his contract amounts to.

Lets be rational KB 6 mill to a guy that has won 21 of his first 31 starts, or give 6mill to a guy that went 0-2 in the bigs as a pitcher the past 4 years.

So your are saying you would rather be conservative and stay with what you have which hasnt worked yet, instead of grwoing a pair a balls and taking a chance on somebody? huh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

No.....I think we would rather have a QB who has thrown 8 TD's and one interception in the last 4 games against the BIlls.

Why did you make this about the Bills-Dolphins rivalry? DId I amke a comment about anything that Dolphins did badly? No so why insult a team just to try and piss me off? I really wanna know why you guys let the Boys have Hutchinson so easy.

If we were a bottom of the barrel team as the Dallas cowboys were then we would be more inclined to give an unproven player a chance. what could it hurt?
But since we have the makings of a superbowl caliber team already in place it doesn't make alot of sense to give six million dollars to somene who may or may not be able to play in this league.

Originally posted by Winfield_26
So your are saying you would rather be conservative and stay with what you have which hasnt worked yet, instead of grwoing a pair a balls and taking a chance on somebody? huh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

No I am saying I would rather sign our own free agents, and add a DT, and an o-lineman like we did then sign a project QB that hasn't been a football feild in 4 years. We already added a project QB last year. But that was a good job of thinking of the big picture.

Dajesus............

Originally posted by Dajesus

No I am saying I would rather sign our own free agents, and add a DT, and an o-lineman like we did then sign a project QB that hasn't been a football feild in 4 years. We already added a project QB last year. But that was a good job of thinking of the big picture.

We did acquire a project QB in Cade Mcknown last year. Right now he's struggling to make the team period. We'll have to just wait and see how it will unfold. Training Camp hasn't even started yet.:confused:

Where could we afford him either? It would mean not resigning Jay and then if Hutchinson came in here and stunk up the joint everyone here would be calling the signing stupid and calling for Wanny's removal.

I got news for you.

Sticking with Jay Fiedler is going to cause Wanny to get fired anyway. I feel that if he doesn't have this team in the Superbowl within the next two years, he's not going to be around to rebuild this team after the dismantling that is coming shortly.

He should have grown some balls and took a chance on a QB that actually has great talent.

KB21............

Originally posted by KB21
I got news for you.

Sticking with Jay Fiedler is going to cause Wanny to get fired anyway. I feel that if he doesn't have this team in the Superbowl within the next two years, he's not going to be around to rebuild this team after the dismantling that is coming shortly.

He should have grown some balls and took a chance on a QB that actually has great talent.

I'm not a fan of Jay either, but only time will tell if that will happen or not. I think Wanny is a pretty solid coach and I'm in the opinion that he's done a fairly admirable job since he's been our head coach.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom