Remember Damon Huard? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember Damon Huard?

vegasphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He was our #2 behind Marino at the ennd of Dan's career. I loved that guy! When Dan retired Wanny made Fiedler our starter and if I recall correctly he released Huard.

I remember Marino being quoted as saying Huard deserved the starting job, I agreed with him.

Say what you will about Fiedler, but I saw enough of Huard in 1999 to know he wasn't the answer. I give credit to Wanny for knowing that, not that I like giving Wanny credit for much. It's pretty clear that Dan hated Fiedler and liked his boy Damon, but Dan isn't ever going to be a coach for a very good reason.

He played a few games when Fiedler got hurt. He even threw the winning TD against the Colts. He was ok, there is a reason he has never been a starter.

Who backed up for Dan before Huard? I remember there was someone that did very well whenever Dan went down.

If the guy asking zoned out for almost a decade, maybe he means Mitchell.

ETA: Or DeBerg. He did a nice job in 1993.

What Has Huard Done To Prove He Should Be A Starter?

Nothing....

Marino Was Just Being Loyal...

Fiedler Sucked Too..

huard was like fiedler to me. no arm and all he really did was hit maybe one good pass and always ran and took sacks.

i saw enough when he couldn't lead the offense to a single point in the '00 preseason. dude was horrible.

Huard did better than Fielder ever did not by much but he did solid when Marino was hurt but never endeared himself to the new regime.

I liked Mike Quinn the best out of all the backups during that time.

Back
Top Bottom