Remember the bengals game last year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember the bengals game last year...

tggeorge

Active Roster
Reaction score
When Flo was about to knock someone out to stand up for his players? Where did that guy go? The guy that players would run through a wall for.
That's the mentality you need to get men to follow you and give their best. He doesn't seem to resemble that same guy and that's how he got players to overachieve last year.
He seems tired or half in.

Good point, makes you wonder if there is some sort of tension between Flores and Grier or Flores and the owner. I always thought Flores and Grier were very tight and had a great relationship.

honestly there was something about that that made me think he was compensating for something else. What coach runs on the field like that? I know it got a lot of praise but now I think he just a major jerk to players and staff and trying to make himself look better.

Right. He just doesn't seem as passionate. More of a vacant emptiness about his personality. If your boss isn't who you thought can definite impact morale. And if his morale is low, the players' will be too. Doesn't seem like a deft of talent seeing some of the things parker, Gaskin, Williams etc can do but it doesn't seem like anyone is passionate or wants to be physical.
Maybe everyone fed off of fitzs energy like Landry used to give us. But coach seems less invested and intense.

honestly there was something about that that made me think he was compensating for something else. What coach runs on the field like that? I know it got a lot of praise but now I think he just a major jerk to players and staff and trying to make himself look better.
I personally liked it. But maybe. I know Dan Campbell is winless but love that guy and loved him when he was here. He's got heart and passion.

When Flo was about to knock someone out to stand up for his players? Where did that guy go? The guy that players would run through a wall for.
That's the mentality you need to get men to follow you and give their best. He doesn't seem to resemble that same guy and that's how he got players to overachieve last year.
He seems tired or half in.
Totally agree and well said. He seems aloof this year. Like he spites his players or management or both. Like a different guy.

He was getting more out of the rag tag bunch of undrafted vagabonds in his first year. I don’t think he’s close to getting the best out of the current crop. It’s concerning.

Just subjective speculation of course. But the body language is completely different, particularly to that Bengals game; you’re absolutely right.

Totally agree and well said. He seems aloof this year. Like he spites his players or management or both. Like a different guy.

He was getting more out of the rag tag bunch of undrafted vagabonds in his first year. I don’t think he’s close to getting the best out of the current crop. It’s concerning.

Just subjective speculation of course. But the body language is completely different, particularly to that Bengals game; you’re absolutely right.
If this is accurate it could be due to the rumored disconnects between him, Grier and Ross

I know I've been overly critical of Flores here lately as most on here have, and I really hope he turns it around starting this Sunday.

Remember the Bengals game from like 4 years or more years ago when Tannehill threw those 2 horrible interceptions straight to the defensive lineman?

God this team has sucked for so long.

Last edited:
Just speculation from people nothing concrete but Flores being stuck with Tua (not my words) is the main issue contributing to his pissyness (if that’s a word lol). When Tua went down is when Flores started getting pissy. It’s no coincidence those 2 things coincided with each other. One of those deals where Flores is taking that approach of... Wonder who could have saw that coming. Again... let me reiterate this 1st paragraph is just speculation. Educated guesses but nonetheless from multiple people.

He sees what Herbert is doing and has that “I told y’all so” mentality going on with Ross.

Flo/Grier have been fairly friendly but I know Flores wanted to keep Fitzy but that was never going to happen either way. The FO wasn’t going to allow that nor was Fitzy coming back to sit the bench. This part I have on solid authority.

Some on here will still refuse to believe it but Flores don’t like Tua doesn’t want Tua. He’s cool with Tua the person. His problems are with Tua the player. Once again... solid authority here.

Basically it’s become one of those situations where the main course (Tua) was forced on the cook (Flores).

Maybe Flores knows he's ****ed with the guys they've selected cause they blew it.

The entire 2020 first round looks to be one of the great 1st rounded misses of all time.

Just speculation from people nothing concrete but Flores being stuck with Tua (not my words) is the main issue contributing to his pissyness (if that’s a word lol). When Tua went down is when Flores started getting pissy. It’s no coincidence those 2 things coincided with each other. One of those deals where Flores is taking that approach of... Wonder who could have saw that coming. Again... let me reiterate this 1st paragraph is just speculation. Educated guesses but nonetheless from multiple people.

He sees what Herbert is doing and has that “I told y’all so” mentality going on with Ross.

Flo/Grier have been fairly friendly but I know Flores wanted to keep Fitzy but that was never going to happen either way. The FO wasn’t going to allow that nor was Fitzy coming back to sit the bench. This part I have on solid authority.

Some on here will still refuse to believe it but Flores don’t like Tua doesn’t want Tua. He’s cool with Tua the person. His problems are with Tua the player. Once again... solid authority here.

Basically it’s become one of those situations where the main course (Tua) was forced on the cook (Flores).
If that’s the case and I have hard that from listening to podcasts then this year will get no better. How can tua win when the coach is not behind him? I know playoffs are done but I was hoping to see tua take off. But how can that happen within so much problems behind the Curtain.

If that’s the case and I have hard that from listening to podcasts then this year will get no better. How can tua win when the coach is not behind him? I know playoffs are done but I was hoping to see tua take off. But how can that happen within so much problems behind the Curtain.
I wish I had the answer to those questions bro but I don’t. Flores basically moping around pissed off like a kid who wanted a new toy but instead of a new toy got a used one that he didn’t want.

I wish I had the answer to those questions bro but I don’t. Flores basically moping around pissed off like a kid who wanted a new toy but instead of a new toy got a used one that he didn’t want.
This ****ing team. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom