Remember the bengals game last year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember the bengals game last year...

Maybe to impress the veterans that are no longer here. Flores probably didn’t like Grier getting rid of them and leaving him with all these young players

All of the flo/tua disconnect talk makes alot of sense. Fitzs energy seemed to uplift the guys and if Flo isn't all-in on tua then that would definitely lead to the lukewarm, bitchy **** from coach. Sadly I thought he was going to survive as our coach for a while but seems he can't be a professional and give the team everything unless he gets his way. What a shame.

Last season players stated that Flo was the reason they came to the Phins. Because he was “straight and honest” with them. He was considered a players coach “these guys are like sons to me”.

Weve had a brutal opening to the season, but I doubt Flores has gone to the opposite extreme so quickly (alienating players, team quitting on him etc.)

There are many areas he can improve on (attracting/keeping better coordinators) but I remain critical, yet positive about him.

Good point, makes you wonder if there is some sort of tension between Flores and Grier or Flores and the owner. I always thought Flores and Grier were very tight and had a great relationship.
Looks like to me that Ross must have put the mandate of drafting Tua down to the GM and coach, and from how this staff handled all the tua/fitz situations, which quite frankly looks like a case of sabotage

Just speculation from people nothing concrete but Flores being stuck with Tua (not my words) is the main issue contributing to his pissyness (if that’s a word lol). When Tua went down is when Flores started getting pissy. It’s no coincidence those 2 things coincided with each other. One of those deals where Flores is taking that approach of... Wonder who could have saw that coming. Again... let me reiterate this 1st paragraph is just speculation. Educated guesses but nonetheless from multiple people.

He sees what Herbert is doing and has that “I told y’all so” mentality going on with Ross.

Flo/Grier have been fairly friendly but I know Flores wanted to keep Fitzy but that was never going to happen either way. The FO wasn’t going to allow that nor was Fitzy coming back to sit the bench. This part I have on solid authority.

Some on here will still refuse to believe it but Flores don’t like Tua doesn’t want Tua. He’s cool with Tua the person. His problems are with Tua the player. Once again... solid authority here.

Basically it’s become one of those situations where the main course (Tua) was forced on the cook (Flores).
By this logic, can we presume that Flores didn't even want to play Tua last year, and the decision to start Tua vs the Rams was not made by Flores?
It certainly explains some things.

Maybe everyone fed off of fitzs energy like Landry used to give us. But coach seems less invested and intense.
This definitely what it was last year. Looking back and thinking about it, did anyone notice the feeling this team had when we were winning with Fitzy... and the feeling after he got pulled. Big difference. And by the end of the year the receivers weren't even catching balls anymore. Is it a coincidence they caught almost everything for Fitz and forgot how to catch with Tua? Fitz was the excitement of this team last year. Not coach

Remember the Bengals game from like 4 years or more years ago when Tannehill threw those 2 horrible interceptions straight to the defensive lineman?

God this team has sucked for so long.
That game ruined the entire season. Tanney got hurt in that 4th quarter cause Tunsil went down and it put our season in a spiral.

The moves made in the offseason with players and coaches has caused major trust issues. There is no Vet player buffer zone here any more and the coaches are very inexperienced. I saw this happen in the Air Force in the early 90's when Clinton had the early out opportunities. A LOT of leadership and quality in the NCO ranks was instantly gone. It had a major impact on production, quality, and morale. People without experience had to step into unfamiliar roles as leaders and weren't very good at it. I see the same thing happening here in the coaches and players.

By this logic, can we presume that Flores didn't even want to play Tua last year, and the decision to start Tua vs the Rams was not made by Flores?
It certainly explains some things.
Exactly. Flores never wanted to play Tua last year. Not at any point. It was forced on him. That’s no secret.

Just speculation from people nothing concrete but Flores being stuck with Tua (not my words) is the main issue contributing to his pissyness (if that’s a word lol). When Tua went down is when Flores started getting pissy. It’s no coincidence those 2 things coincided with each other. One of those deals where Flores is taking that approach of... Wonder who could have saw that coming. Again... let me reiterate this 1st paragraph is just speculation. Educated guesses but nonetheless from multiple people.

He sees what Herbert is doing and has that “I told y’all so” mentality going on with Ross.

Flo/Grier have been fairly friendly but I know Flores wanted to keep Fitzy but that was never going to happen either way. The FO wasn’t going to allow that nor was Fitzy coming back to sit the bench. This part I have on solid authority.

Some on here will still refuse to believe it but Flores don’t like Tua doesn’t want Tua. He’s cool with Tua the person. His problems are with Tua the player. Once again... solid authority here.

Basically it’s become one of those situations where the main course (Tua) was forced on the cook (Flores).
Just curious how do you know this?

Back
Top Bottom