Remember Vic Fangio? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember Vic Fangio?

What about all the flaming maniacs getting their panties in a wad because we didn't interview Kris Richard?? Where is he now? Walmart greeter?

What about all the flaming maniacs getting their panties in a wad because we didn't interview Kris Richard?? Where is he now? Walmart greeter?
I'm sure, two years ago, there were a lot of coaches that didn't want to touch this franchise with a ten foot pole (I'll wait for @circumstances comment).

Bet they are regretting the pass right about now.

Now Denver’s head coach. Before Miami hired Flores, Miami was interested in Fangio. But apparently there was a mutual agreement between Miami and Fangio to not interview. I’m hearing on a few dolphins podcasts that it was really just Fangio not being interested and thought he was too good of coach to even interview for the Miami job. “Miami used the mutual agreement to not interview to save face” lol whatever the reason I’m glad things played out the way they did. Not a Fangio fan at all. Funny that he’ll probably get fired this year while Miami continues to get better.
“F F‘n Vic Fangio” Eff him in the throat! LOL

The issues Fangio has had are not uncommon for many coaches. They don't really care about the side if the ball they didn't coach. Happens all around the league.

Fangio doesn't really know what kind of offense he wants to run. And that has stunted his team.

The issues Fangio has had are not uncommon for many coaches. They don't really care about the side if the ball they didn't coach. Happens all around the league.

Fangio doesn't really know what kind of offense he wants to run. And that has stunted his team.

This is a big part of the issues with head coaches as we have well witnessed in Miami. But the key element is having the QB to run your offense. Good QB play can influence the performance of the defense and even special teams. Good QB play can also make a coaching staff and front office look much better than they really are.

Seems like the premier coaches in the league are good gameday coaches but also can scout talent (Reid, Belichick, Harbaugh, and Carroll etc). Flores appears to be able to do both, he was a scout before he was a coach.

Fangio is most likely a good gameday coach but he's not going to make significant contributions to buying the groceries.

Can we atleast give Flores some time before we assume he's a great hire?

Gase and Sparano sure did well early on in Miami.
I would make the case that Flo is a different animal.

In Sporano's case, I'm sure he was a good practice and game day coach, but his "vision", to the extent that he had one, was an outdated, Parcels formula, from the mid eighties. I also doubt he was much of a talent eval guy.

Gase was just an idiot, that P. Manning took a liking to. No ppl skills. No ability to command respect from his players. No ability to game plan either side of the ball. No interest in anything other than drawing up offensive plays.

The structure of, and the idiots employed by the front office didn't do prior coaches any favors either.

Flo, on the other hand, has done what he said. He changed the culture, is developing players, and comes with solid game plans, even when the talent was sub par.

Together, he and Greir have implemented a cohesive strategy that burned the whole thing down, and built a contender from the ashes. Oh yeah, they did it in an unbelievably short time.

Could things go south? It's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Back
Top Bottom