Remember Vic Fangio? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember Vic Fangio?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Now Denver’s head coach. Before Miami hired Flores, Miami was interested in Fangio. But apparently there was a mutual agreement between Miami and Fangio to not interview. I’m hearing on a few dolphins podcasts that it was really just Fangio not being interested and thought he was too good of coach to even interview for the Miami job. “Miami used the mutual agreement to not interview to save face” lol whatever the reason I’m glad things played out the way they did. Not a Fangio fan at all. Funny that he’ll probably get fired this year while Miami continues to get better.

Now Denver’s head coach. Before Miami hired Flores, Miami was interested in Fangio. But apparently there was a mutual agreement between Miami and Fangio to not interview. I’m hearing on a few dolphins podcasts that it was really just Fangio not being interested and thought he was too good of coach to even interview for the Miami job. “Miami used the mutual agreement to not interview to save face” lol whatever the reason I’m glad things played out the way they did. Not a Fangio fan at all. Funny that he’ll probably get fired this year while Miami continues to get better.
This is the first that I've heard about Miami's keen interest in Fangio, who is a good Defense guy. However, in case it isn't obvious, we've ended up landing the right guy in Brian Flores. Time will tell but this was perhaps the very best decision that Mr Ross has made since purchasing the Miami Dolphins.

Last edited:
This is the first that I've heard about Miami's keen interest in Fangio, who is a good Defense guy. However, in case it isn't obvious, we've ended up landing the right guy in Brian Flores. Time will tell but this was perhaps the very best decision that Mr Ross has made since purchasing the Miami Dolphins.
That decision was Mister Grier's!

4mvy3s.jpg

Not a fan of Vic, but the Broncos are stuck in Elway-purgatory of picking crappy QBs.

Add in losing their best player for the year, the Broncos issues IMO don't all fall on him. Elway is a big part of their slump but him acquiring Manning for their SB win will give him all the leash he wants.
Now, I don't see anything special in him and I'm glad he didn't come here.

Seems Flores is really building something special here. And 2019 went well enough where we could take a franchise QB.

Talk about dodging a bullet.....

Back
Top Bottom