Replacement for Depleting Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replacement for Depleting Line

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the money we have saved up, I think it is pretty obvious we need to work on our O-Line, now with Searcy out and Smith. Have any of you heard any names who are still out there that are starter-worthy, or do you think we will wait and take everyones leftovers when the final cuts take place?

They are definitely reviewing all of the OL that will be cut tomorrow and Sunday...hoping for some young surprise to make some team in favor of a 2nd tier player.

I have no confidence in Cesario. He has struggled to make the Jacksonville team and was given every opportunity and even with all our injuries the last 2 years cant even break into the starting lineup playing any position.

Does anyone actually think we are going to find that "daimond in the rough" sleeper at this late point? I would like to hope so, but odds are, that if we do pick up a guy or two off waivers, they will just be another Heath Irwin, Spencer Falaou, or Harry Swayne type.

I really thought the fins were high on Cesario, but I guess there were too many question marks on him. We need to bring in a couple guys anyway. No way will our starters go the entire year without missing games due to injury.

This is shaping up to be almost a repeat of last year's disaster.

Start McKinney where? He's a center. Do you want to sit down Ruddy? If you move him to guard do you sit down Perry or Nails? I think you only do that in an emergency. Backing up the starting guys will be Troy Andrew,McKinney, Marcus Spriggs, Greg Jerman and finally Dwayne Pierce. Right now the starters are ready to play against the Lions, let's hope we finally get a break and suffer no more major injuries to the O-Line. That combined with the good news on Searcy might be enough. Having said that if a decent tackle somehow falls our way it would be wise to grab him. I agree that when called upon McKinney will rise to the occasion and do very well for us. He is our our future center.

Instead of everyone and their sister creating a thread talking about our injury-riddle offensive line and how we need to "do something" about it...how about someone bat around a few actual ideas for sh!ts and giggles?

Got a problem with the O-Line? Say "Our OL is pretty injured. I hear that _______ is still available. Do you guys think we should sign him?" Then at least perhaps people will be interested in throwing some names out there, and if you throw out the name of someone thats not available someone likely will jump in and be like "he's a raider" or whatever, and the discussion goes along much smoother.

Here's mine. Ben Coleman. I read a blurb a while ago about when the Seahawks were courting Jerry Wunsch, that said (obviously) that the Seahawks were interested in Wunsch, and another possibility was Ben Coleman. This surprised me because I would have thought someone would snatch Coleman up by now. I have liked him for a while. He's a good guard and he has the ability to play tackle. He was an excellent RG for the Redskins last year and media people in DC said that he "solidified" the redskins offensive line and a lot of them said that they should sign him back. I don't know of any injury problems with him but he should be looked at with a scant eye (probably) because he's still available this late in the game and there has to be a reason for that...I mean he replaced Tony Boselli at LT for the Jags one year and teams dont let capable LTs just sit out there.

But thats my idea. Tawk amongst yaselves.

Oh....well now that we know the rules we'll be sure to operate just like you want.....:rolleyes:
Hey ...i know....just for sh*ts and giggles why don't you start your own thread with your own rules and stop talking to people like they are a bunch of idiots because they don't do what YOU think they should.

I notice Spielman said that we tried to claim somebody off waivers last week. Wonder if we went after Wunsch

I don't believe Wunsch was on waivers. I think only guys with less than 4 years NFL experience get on waivers when cut...or something like that. Wunsch signed with Seattle as a free agent.

I wonder who it is we lost out on. May have been Dan Alexander the RB.

Lets see it could have been...

OG Cameron Spikes....from Rams claimed by Texans
TE Jabari Holloway....from Pats claimed by Texans
DT Shawn Worthen....from Vikes claimed by Texans
OT Matt Anderle....from Chargers claimed by Texans
DE Erik Flowers....from Bills claimed by Texans

OK I don't know who else has been claimed other than I think Seaverns and Atkins, and the Jags claimed someone I forget who.

Back
Top Bottom