Report: Bret Bielema Could Be Next 'fins Dc | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Bret Bielema Could Be Next 'fins Dc

miamiron

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Miami Herald reports ex-Arkansas coach Bret Bielema could serve as presumptive Dolphins coach Brian Flores' defensive coordinator.

This one comes out of left field. Bielema is most famous for his power-rushing attacks, but he served on the defensive side of the ball before becoming a head coach. The 49-year-old (on Sunday) has never coached at the NFL level.
Source: Miami Herald
Jan 12 - 10:24 PM

“Bret’s got a lot of experience,” Belichick said before the Patriots’ 37-20 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. “Obviously, he was the head coach at Wisconsin, Arkansas. He’s dealt with a lot of different players, situations, and he’s primarily worked on defense as an assistant coach, so he’s given us some help there between the defensive ends and tackles.

“He’s also been somebody that I’ve used and has helped me with some overall head-coaching-type responsibilities — planning and team management and things like that.”

Belichick said Bielema, who coached current Patriots players James White, Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise in college, has been made a strong impression on his fellow New England assistants.

“He’s been a good addition to our group, and he’s really fit in well with everybody,” Belichick said. He’s a great guy, a good guy, an easy guy to get along with. Everybody likes him.”

I can’t believe that we have gotten so desperate that we are listening to what our enemy has to say. As if he would guide anyone else in the right direction. Talk is cheap. Look at all of the guru talk people on here and Ross fell for with Gase.

I called this sort of thing earlier today. I said our coordinators were going to be 1st timer, who the heck is that nobodys.

All this is confirming that we are dead to the football world. Nobody of any import wants anything to do with the ross era dolphins. Now i hear rizzi is getting hit up so it looks like the only coach who has performed well and his top special teams will be exiting the building. In comes the florida state locker room coordinator to run special teams. Who will also have rizzis vacated assistant h/c title.

Good Lord, I can't stand Bielema. The guy is a jerk imo. He also sucked as head coach of Arkansas. I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near our team.
I say for the next year or so just watch for player development. Nothing else to look forward to. Always a long Dolphins season folllwed by an even longer offseason.

Lol don’t jynx it. We have a bad history...

2015: I’m glad we fired Kevin Coyle, we can finally get a real DC
2016: Nice Denver took Vance Joseph, man we need a better guy running the D.
2018: Burke out, we’ll get it right with a new coach.
Right? Miami keeps setting some sort of dubious defensive record for yards allowed every year now.

I can’t believe that we have gotten so desperate that we are listening to what our enemy has to say. As if he would guide anyone else in the right direction. Talk is cheap. Look at all of the guru talk people on here and Ross fell for with Gase.
Peyton Manning just sold the Jets of that same talk a week or two ago.

Not a Dolphins exclusive.

This is the type of thing Saban has done. Boost your staff by hiring a former head coach who was once highly regarded. Ignore recent results and public displeasure. Have confidence that there was a reason he was highly regarded in the first place.

I have to say I never thought of Bielema as a defensive coach, Tough guy personna with some arrogance. Power based offense. He really ticked off Wisconsin fans by making a seemingly lateral move -- or even somewhat of a drop in class -- by dumping the Badgers for Arkanasas, after seemingly being handpicked and groomed for the Wisconsin job by former coach Barry Alvarez.

Same guy who told the Dolphins to draft Russell Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom