Report: Deron Williams will play in Turkey if lockout lingers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Deron Williams will play in Turkey if lockout lingers

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
c1775bb7ddfa9edf56e6b650fc906e75gettyspo-1.jpg

Sources w/knowledge of Deron Williams’ plans confirm his intent to play for Besiktas in Turkey if lockout continues

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ams-signed-in-turkey-not-buying-that/related/

This is just a way to stay in shape. I heard there's something in the contract that allows him to come back to the NBA once the labor dispute ends.

smart guy, hopefully other NBA players/superstars will follow just to let the NBA know that they don't have a monopoly on the sport. there's more out there than just the NBA.

that's why i was mad that AI was trying so hard to get back in the NBA only to be a bench player and get his pay cut in half. i mean, how dumb can you be? those euro leagues pay you tax free money, provide you with a place to stay, and a car. all that > NBA unless you're kobe bryant status aka a superstar with a max contract in a big city.

He better get some good insurance. For washed up players like AI it makes some sense.....for someone like Deron who stands to make 200+ mil over the next decade it makes no sense at all. The risk far outweighs the reward.

Back
Top Bottom