Report: Dolphins-Chiefs won't discuss Albert until they make their 1st round picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins-Chiefs won't discuss Albert until they make their 1st round picks

ikkonz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld:
ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Dolphins and Chiefs have shelved talks for disgruntled LT Branden Albert until after both teams make their first-round picks.
Both Werder and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport hint there's a chance the Dolphins will trade up to select one of the draft's big-three tackles, so the Chiefs are rolling the dice. A desperate Jeff Ireland is capable of anything, so we wouldn't rule out a move up from No. 12 into the top-five. It is unlikely, however.

Looks like we are seriously considering a trade up for a tackle. To be honest, if we can get a good deal, I'd be happier getting a young healthy guy in on the line than signing Albert for 9 mil per season.

It makes sense because there are some opportunities for the Fins to move up, and maybe grab an lineman. I suspect that the trade happens before the 2nd round, if the Fins dont move up.

Depends what the compensation is, right? If you can send 2b to KC for Albert vs. 2a and 3a and a late pick for Luke Joeckel or Lane Johnson? I am not sure I want trade the primo picks.

I guess I would have to assess the deal.

I might hang at 12. Take a skill guy and see what it would cost to sneak back into the back end of the draft for Fluker (you might be gone by 12), Pugh or Watson. If I do not like those options, I pick up the talks with Albert.

DO NOT believe KC is happy keeping an expensive and rental Branden Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Report: Dolphins-Chiefs won't discuss Albert until they make their 1st

Every time a reporter writes about a desperate Ireland I disregard their stupid report.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

This is utterly pathetic.

I hope Ireland goes head first into a wall like Gus Fruit cake did once.

YOU CAN'T ****ING TRADE UP FOR A QB OR PLAYMAKER IN 6 YEARS BUT YOU CAN FOR A LT? YOU ****ING ape it isn't top 3 LT or bust in the NFL. Name the last damn 1st round pick the Giants used or any of the top teams.

you can protect your QB all you want but let me tell you LT wasn't why we couldn't score last year we still had Long and we sucked. This team is in a major need of offensive weapons. You can protect RT17 all you want but with the speed of these pathetic WR and TE we have no chance at scoring.

I'm so sick of trading up, and spending resources are a ****ing tackle. For once Ireland needs to grow some balls and draft a position that MAKES PLAYS. Whatever tackle we draft better be on the fast track of GOAT status real quick or Ireland can just embrace his terrible draft reputation.

Every time a reporter writes about a desperate Ireland I disregard their stupid report.

Yeah, Rotoworld disses Jeff Ireland constantly. Evan Silva has some kind of vendetta against him. However, still a great information site.

Re: Report: Dolphins-Chiefs won't discuss Albert until they make their 1st

This is utterly pathetic.

I hope Ireland goes head first into a wall like Gus Fruit cake did once.

YOU CAN'T ****ING TRADE UP FOR A QB OR PLAYMAKER IN 6 YEARS BUT YOU CAN FOR A LT? YOU ****ING ape it isn't top 3 LT or bust in the NFL. Name the last damn 1st round pick the Giants used or any of the top teams.

you can protect your QB all you want but let me tell you LT wasn't why we couldn't score last year we still had Long and we sucked. This team is in a major need of offensive weapons. You can protect RT17 all you want but with the speed of these pathetic WR and TE we have no chance at scoring.

Calm doen there 7 it's not like Ed 's sitting in the draft room with Ireland......:rolleyes:

Ireland can play the waiting game with KC.
He can pick a CB at #12(Milliner/Hayden). Then pick who he wants at 2a.He could get a decent OL here and still sign Winston.
Or at 2a he can pick a TE (Ertz).
Then he can wait and see what is available at 2b then decide if Albert would be a better choice.
KC will either reject it and be stuck with a 9 million, injury prone player that will lose value

I've given Ireland a lot of grief but I don't see how NOT trading for Albert without knowing how the 1st round plays out is desperate. Douches ... I'm glad I don't have any respect for these morons in the first place.

if Ireland was so desperate, wouldn't he have pulled the trigger by now?

I feel like this hurts us if we were to trade for Albert because if we don't get a tackle the chiefs will look at us like we are desperate for a left tackle and now hold all the cards

Now, both teams have agreed to stop talks until the end of the first round draft.

Can I get a BIG YAWN? LOL

The deal, on the surface, makes a lot of sense for our team. However, I'm now at at a point to tell KC to FRACK OFF, and sign a McKennie type vet to fill in for this year. How bad would that be?

There are gonna be some grizzly old vets cut after the draft, and I would be happy with any of them. I have had enough, and Irish should be thinking the same.

Back
Top Bottom