Report: Dolphins Have “made Overtures” To Nick Perry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins Have “made Overtures” To Nick Perry

Fans of GB said he was a stiff on a few message boards. Maybe the coach knows something they don’t.

Another overrated guy but I guess if you are relying on scheme and it’s dirt money

I’d want at least an easy out after year 1 and no way any double digit per average

1 year $5 mil minimal guaranteed ideal imo

Who are some of the guys that you think can help in free agency?

Who are some of the guys that you think can help in free agency?

I haven’t looked but I would steer away from young or old and injured.

If a guys young and stays hurt good luck changing it. If he’s old no point even bringing him in. I do get the stop gap side of things potentially but I would wait to see how things look in camp and preseason with what you have. Right tackle being the stand out position imo.

It’s gonna take one hell of a scheme to get our current edge rush/lb talent to the qb. I know that much lol

Unless it's close to the vet minimum it doesn't seem to make much sense.

On the other hand we have almost no pass rushers with experience in the 3-4, so I guess we need someone.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/06/report-dolphins-have-made-overtures-to-nick-perry/

Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reports that the team has “made overtures” to former Packers linebacker Nick Perry. Perry was released in Green Bay in March.

Perry played just nine games last season because of a knee injury and ended the year with 24 tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble. He had 18 sacks for the Packers over the previous two seasons and the Dolphins could use some help off the edge after parting ways with Robert Quinn and Cameron Wake this offseason.

Would be another heartbreak for the 'tank for Tua' group

I haven’t looked but I would steer away from young or old and injured.

If a guys young and stays hurt good luck changing it. If he’s old no point even bringing him in. I do get the stop gap side of things potentially but I would wait to see how things look in camp and preseason with what you have. Right tackle being the stand out position imo.

It’s gonna take one hell of a scheme to get our current edge rush/lb talent to the qb. I know that much lol

The Pats have dominated by maintaining a blend of youth and vets. This definitely fits the type of player they’ve picked up and killed us with. If Grier likes him so do I.

I don't think he would be a huge difference but for a one year cheap deal is ok. Unless we're getting a guy that will help us make the playoffs then I'd rather go with the younger guys this year and not take snaps away from them. There's a couple of guys we got from the AAF that I'm hoping will get snaps and see what they can do.

1.5 sacks last injury plagued season...

If we need bodies... fine. If we actually want to make a mountain oit one molehill...count me out.

I would prefer to focus on adding players that are 26/27 or younger. Don't like the idea of adding older players to non-contending teams. However, some coaches might feel like they have some young players who need to learn a few things from an experienced vet. So from a tutoring stance it wouldn't be bad.

He is worth a flier. I can't imagine hed be expensive at all. Every defense needs vets even rebuilding

I would prefer to focus on adding players that are 26/27 or younger. Don't like the idea of adding older players to non-contending teams. However, some coaches might feel like they have some young players who need to learn a few things from an experienced vet. So from a tutoring stance it wouldn't be bad.
Exactly. It's a judgment call, but in this case it seems to be a very reasonable judgment to make.

Back
Top Bottom