Report: Dolphins 'laughing' At Broncos For Signing Ja'wuan James | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins 'laughing' At Broncos For Signing Ja'wuan James

I do think that James improved in the past couple years as far as penalties, but I swear it seemed like he'd derail a drive a game with a holding penalty inside the opponent 30 back in 2016. It was maddening.

Regarding him being a whoopie cushion? i don't know about that. I guess we'll see.

Which is why I don't get the problem with going OT in round one.

It's not spinning your wheels when you get rid of your extremely overpaid and average right tackle, and replace him with a younger, better, and cheaper right tackle. Upgrade the position and upgrade your cap situation.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not bomb-threat mad at the idea of a RT at #13, just inclined against it. To me, it all comes down to who is available, what is the team's ranking of them, and who is projected to help the team most. For now, that's DT, DE, CB.

I can also report that "Privately, some people close to the Broncos organization" are losing confidence in GM John Elway. Reeling in Peyton Manning as a free agent for four years after Indy severed ties with him bought him.....well, four years clout as a competent GM. But outside of drafting LB Von Miller 2nd overall instead of DT Marcell Dareus who Buffalo took next in the 2011 draft, what super moves has John Elway made to warrant being the Broncos general manager? THIS is a question that "privately, some people CLOSE to the Broncos organization" are asking.

See! I can do this too! Pick a team, any team!

I also saw one or two ratings gurus give James' signing a "D." Regardless, I hope this is not true. He certainly didn't deserve close to what Elway paid him, but who can fault him for taking advantage of being at the right place at the right time in the right market? He was a pretty good teammate and I wish him well.

I highly doubt Miami ever would let the cat out of the bag, IF True? James was mediocre as a player. I don't blame him for going after the money. But for the team "LAUGH" About it, I'm not sure that's true!!!

Oh please, I don’t believe any of it. Sounds very made up and opinioniated

I feel confident Miami put a good offer to keep him and he chased the big FA money and Miami, true to form, wasn’t going over their set number on a player this year.

Yea he is not the best RT in the NFL . . .welcome to the world of being a UFA in a league looking for young linemen coming off rookie deals that have played above average/good.

James was hard working player. No need talk trash about guy.. you either pay or u dont pay. Denver did. Moves on. Next man up. That what .Good team do

Hot trash as a NFL caliber RT - terrible pick and glad he is gone don’t care about leaks

But we are the laughing stock not Denver

giphy.gif

We have seen this consistently from the Dolphins for over 20 years now.

They LOVE to trash former players on the way out.

I have NO doubt that whoever it was that leaked that little tidbit...

Does not have a FRACTION of the understanding that Elway and Munchack have about O-LINE players and O-LINE play.

If they had problems with James...

Maybe the PLAYS & SCHEMES being called were more the issue than James as a player?

Trashing former players is in poor taste and no doubt contributes to the 3rd rate vibe across the nation that surrounds the Dolphins.

All that said... I LOVE this move, just be classy about it next time. ;)
You didn’t read it.

Just read the article - there is really nothing in the article that actually suggests the dolphins trashed James publicly - or even privately as far as anything reliable goes. Just a bunch of unsourced statements about how some people might feel. Not even an anonymous quote here. I don't see anything low class here unless you want to talk about the lack of anything concrete that the headline is based on.

Back
Top Bottom